Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Apolline...?

I think its one of those names you have to "swallow" and mull over a bit, but once you've heard it a few times its a darling name! Polly and Senia are adorable together imo!

A (as in apple)-po- leen... It's not my favourite, but it's also not bad. I think the A would often be shortened in the US, but pronounced as an 'ah' in Canada, UK, and Aust.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Ah-poe-LINE

Senia and Apolline are fine. And seems perfectly usable to me.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

I pronounce it Ah-poh-LEEN. I think it's usable but I find it loses a lot of its appeal when pronounced with an American accent; it sort of sounds like you're saying "a Pauline". I actually think Paulina would work better if you are in the US, and you could still use the nickname Polly.

Thanks for the replies! Luckily, I'm not in the US so their pronunciation shouldn't cause any problems as we don't have any plans to move to the US and we don't know any Americans either.
    Senia Hero: 21/03/11
    Apolline Ever: 05/09/13