Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Is Isla too close to Olivia?

My husband and I don't agree on this. He says that they're not 'too close' but I think they are. I've loved Isla for a long time but I just can't imagine sisters with names that close. Am I right or is he (based on your opinion)?
    If you think they are too close I would love suggestions! Big sister's name is Olivia Li Mei and for a boy we've already picked Nathaniel, which was my grandfather's name. Thank you in advance for any help!
    my babies:
    olivia li mei (china - born 08, adopted 09)
    henry alexander eoin (usa - born july 22 2013, joined our family a day later!)
    ♥ forever missing our little baby fox ♥

No, I don't think they are too close. They have a similar style, but are a completely different sound in my head. Isla is just lovely! If you do feel it is too close, what about Iona?

No, they're not too close.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

They both have a similar feel but are also very different - would make a nice sibset!

I don't think they are too close at all.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (7), Genevieve Susan (2), and angel baby Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014).

Hoping to welcome another little one into our family in 2015.

Girls: Bridget, Elizabeth, Isadora, Felicity, Helena, Marianne, Violet, Penelope, Ophelia, Victoria
    Boys: Sebastian, Everett, Julian, Henry, Caspian, Desmond, Arthur, Nicholas, Anthony, Barnaby