Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

baby girl Macaire

What do you think of the name Macaire for a little girl? (MAH-care)

We're looking for something traditional but different. This is a male saint's name and a city name in France that I'm thinking is nice for a girl. My husband and I are both Irish-American from Irish families. Every time I've mentioned this idea, they lean in a little and squint their eyes a bit for a second, then ask me to "please say that again?" I think that's a nice way of letting me know this one is a little "too different"

Thanks for your thoughts and honesty!

I'm not a big fan of that name, sorry.

Have you considered using a traditional Irish name? There are many that would be unusual in the US, yet still have history behind them and would honor your Irish roots.

I really like Mc names, so I really love it!
    Yes, love Macaire! So unusual, but the.sounds are.so familiar, especially with Karen, Cara and Charis
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

Hmmmm - not too sure I am afraid - sounds a bit medicinal to me - a treatment for something.......But yes - there are so many lovely Irish names out there.

I am probably biased because I knew a Macare a while ago, pronounced the same. She was a doll--so sweet and smart and one of the popular girls. I actually think it's a really cool name.