Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Lily v Sadie

Lily v Sadie

We really love both or these names for our daughter due in July. We're using Corinne in honor of my DH's late sister. Lily is after my grandmother, Susan. We're really back and forth with these names (well, mostly me )
    Lily Corinne

Sadie Corinne

Which do you prefer and why?
    Baby Girl due 7.4.13
    Margot, Miriam, Marion, Marian, Elizabeth nn Betty, Vera, Edith nn Edie

I much prefer Sadie to Lily. The popularity of Lily is a huge turnoff to me because it renders the name uninteresting (in my opinion). Sadie has a sweet vintage feel to me, perhaps because I know an Amish woman named Sadie Mae who lives the simple and old-fashioned Amish lifestyle. Sadie Corinne is pretty.

Sadie Corinne is a great combo. It feels like a flapper- vintage and fun. Lily Corrine feels a bit blah. But that's probably because I know so many Lily's between one of twenty.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Popularity isn't an issue for us, thank you for your feedback so far!
    Baby Girl due 7.4.13
    Margot, Miriam, Marion, Marian, Elizabeth nn Betty, Vera, Edith nn Edie

I like the idea of Sadie, because it sounds cutesy and vintage, but I've never really loved it.

But I definitely think Lily is prettier. Lily Corinne is lovely, and I like the fact you're using it to honour a Susan.
    Jemima Rosemary - Eilidh Briar - Fenella Beatrix ✿ Alec Huw - Emmett Nicholas - Rufus Caspian
    Billie, Magdalena, Imogen, Octavia, Ailbhe, Jessa, Raphaela, Agnes, Imogen, Amelia, Medora, Lettice, Annabella.
    Dylan, Breccan, Rhett, Oscar, Ingram, Harrison, William, Vincent, Wolfie, Keaton.

✿✿✿

Traveller at heart and dreaming of future babes, but mostly I'm just an expat teenage girl from England...http://bigsistercomplex.tumblr.com/