Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Owl names

Owl names

Can anyone think of any names meaning "owl" that don't sound terrible...or names closely related to owls? Thanks!

Nascha means owl in Navajo. Athena might work because owls were one of her symbols. They represent wisdom, so any name meaning knowledge would work. Veda, Talib, Aleem, Ismene, Gyan...
    ~Mehri

Bewitching Names did a feature about this: http://bewitchingnames.blogspot.com/...nd-up-owl.html

I hope this helps!
    Mommy to Mr. Ivan Eli

I once met a girl called Tawny

Alba, Umbra, Otus, Nyctea, Ulula, Athene/Athena, Noctua, and Acadius are all parts of scientific names for different species of owls. Also Bubo, but anyone seriously considering naming their child Bubo needs to be high-fived in the face.

According to some sources one of the meanings for the name Lilith is also "screech owl", which is something I'm considering.

I also went to google translate and got these:
    Sova (means owl in Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech and a bunch of other languages)
    Chouette (means owl in French)
    Bundi (means owl in Swahili, although might be mistaken for Bundy, like the serial killer)

I looooove owls, they are my favorite animal, so this thread is giving me lots of options
    contemplating combos:
    August David Dodge · August Henry Dodge · Barnaby Viggo Paul · Barnaby Atlas Paul
    Leona Vesper Lynn · Vivian Lillie Revere · Florence Patricia Mae · Zelda Katherine Rose