Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I immediately thought of the play when I read the thread title, as I'm a huge Shakespeare geek. Benedict, as you can see in my signature, is one of my favorite names, but I've never been a fan of Beatrice/Beatrix. Plus, I think using them together might but you in a box if you what to have more children. You might feel like you have to have another child with a Shakespeare name, or one that starts with B. I don't have a problem with either these themes I just think that you should keep your options open.
    Previous account: elrock13

Um...yeah, I wouldn't. It's essentially like naming your children Romeo and Juliet. Maybe fewer people would make the association, but those who did would be creeped out.

C&P; it's Benedick.

I don't think it's creepy as it's not a play or story with lots of sexual undertones. It's just romantic and fun, they're not an abusive psycho sexual couple. Besides both are fairly well used names, very different from R&J. I think a lot of Shakespeare's couples sound good like siblings; Perdita & Florizel, Rosalind & Orlando, Celia & Oliver, Silvia & Valentine, Olivia & Sebastian, Viola & Orsino, Isabella & Vincent
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I missed the Shakespeare connection. Rather, I thought you were worried about using two names with the same meaning.
    Pondering names for a hypothetical #7. Current favorites: Grace Elizabeth and Lucy Caroline

Beatrice and Bennett. Thumbs up
    Beatrix and Benton. Thumbs up
    Bianca and Benedict. Thumbs up
    Belinda and Bennick. Thumbs up
    Bernice and Benjamin. Thumps up

Beatrice and Benedict---while lovely---I just don't know. Most people won't make the connection, so it's not like naming your kids Romeo and Juliet, but it is a tad bit funny. I'd ask your family and friends and see what they think. I wouldn't use the names for twins, but for siblings especially if there's another sibling between them, I think it would be okay.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin