Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I immediately thought of the play when I read the thread title, as I'm a huge Shakespeare geek. Benedict, as you can see in my signature, is one of my favorite names, but I've never been a fan of Beatrice/Beatrix. Plus, I think using them together might but you in a box if you what to have more children. You might feel like you have to have another child with a Shakespeare name, or one that starts with B. I don't have a problem with either these themes I just think that you should keep your options open.
    Previous account: elrock13

Um...yeah, I wouldn't. It's essentially like naming your children Romeo and Juliet. Maybe fewer people would make the association, but those who did would be creeped out.

I don't think it's the same as naming them R&J. Much Ado is a less famous play and B&B are both fairly common classics (unlike Romeo which is very unusual and feels modern), so I think it's fine- especially if they go by NNs. And if they get collectively called Benedict and Beatrice rather than the other way round, I think that plays down the Shakesperian connection even more. But yes, like others have said, it'd look like you're signing yourself up for a string of Shakespeare/B names.

Also, I studied Much Ado at school (several years ago now though) and I swear he was called Benedick not Benedict? I know it's not much different, but that could sway your decision maybe?
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

C&P; it's Benedick.

I don't think it's creepy as it's not a play or story with lots of sexual undertones. It's just romantic and fun, they're not an abusive psycho sexual couple. Besides both are fairly well used names, very different from R&J. I think a lot of Shakespeare's couples sound good like siblings; Perdita & Florizel, Rosalind & Orlando, Celia & Oliver, Silvia & Valentine, Olivia & Sebastian, Viola & Orsino, Isabella & Vincent
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I missed the Shakespeare connection. Rather, I thought you were worried about using two names with the same meaning.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Current list of favorites:
    Girls: Caroline, Emily, Grace, Mary-Grace, Lucy, Lydia, or Theresa
    Boy: Gabriel, John, Jude, Luke, Nicholas, Peter, or Thomas