View Poll Results: Aurora or Aurelia

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aurora

14 31.82%
  • Aurelia

30 68.18%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Aurelia. Lovely meaning, great flow, and I think it ages better than Aurora. Also has nicknames Lia or Ellie.
    ~Mehri

Aurora. I really don't think Aurelia works or sounds that great in English.

I prefer Aurelia. Aurelia sounds lighter to me than Aurora, and Aurora just makes me think borealis. I also find it slightly awkward to say in the same way as "rural".
    Cassia | Phoebe | Emmeline | Matilda | Oona | Sylvie | Dahlia | Rosalind | Vivienne | Miranda
    Milo | Emmett | Sebastian | Theodore | Lucian | Rafferty | Matteo | Vincent | Donovan | Wesley

Aurelia!

Both names are gorgeous, but I've met too many kids who have trouble with the letter R and Aurora turns into Awowa while the kids are still at that stage in learning how to talk. It also is more popular that Aurelia which is somewhat off putting to me, but then again if you love it that shouldn't matter. I love how regal and almost magical Aurelia sounds as it reminds me of the Roman Empire and The Little Mermaid (it's similar to Ariel). Aurelia may be mispronounced every now and then though as I've heard aw-RALE-yuh, aw-REEL-yuh, aw-RALE-ee-uh, and aw-REEL-ee-uh. I'm sure that after correcting someone once it won't be a huge issue, though something to consider. Hope this helps and either name you choose is gorgeous!

Thank you everyone! I can definitely see what everyone is saying about the pronunciation of Aurora. I never thought about the child not being able to say her own name!

Ash: I get what you mean, I love the suggestion of Ari as a nn!

emsky: I actually like the connection to the aurora borealis but I get what you mean about the awkwardness.

cyoung: After reading your opinion on Aurelia, I am now leaning towards her!

I have to talk this over with Isabel now.