Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Middle name for Huckleberry?

I know what some of you are thinking. Allow me to preemptively respond by reminded you of that age old bit of sage advice: If you can't say something nice [or constructive], please shush

Anyhow, my husband and I have decided on Huckleberry for our second baby boy. Big brother is Holden (after THE Holden Caulfield) Timothy (after his daddy). We didn't do the "H" thing on purpose, but we wanted something thematically linked (hooray, literary names!) and/or personally meaningful, and our family names all kind of suck or are otherwise incompatible. Anyway, I love the character Huckleberry Finn, and we both rather adore the nickname Huck, so that's where we are.

The trouble now is coming up with a middle name. Huckleberry is a tough match. So is our super-German surname (9 letters, only 2 vowels). I've come up with a smattering of names I think could work (they're both personally significant and sound decent with the other names), and I'm hoping to get a little feedback about them:

Jude
    Phoenix
    Finn (yes, really.)
    Bay
    Roan
    Phelan

I'm also open to other suggestions!

Thanks!