Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Mid Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonthistle View Post
    I love love Adler, hadn't heard it before. My favorite of those you are now considering.

I wasn't here for the conversation re Miles/ Milo, but I have loved both these names for a long time. Milo sounds a little better with your other boys, but is maybe too on trend for some ppl?

Archer is also very nice.
    I thought Adler was kind of cool too. Milo is my pick as well, but even though it has a strong meaning the sound of the name is softer
    I'm liking Archer.

Mid Atlantic
    Adler - a nice name, a little awkward for me to say... It is also a kind of tree (black Adler)

- I find it somewhat awkward to say as well. Especially compared to Rex and Troy.

Ajax - not my favorite on your list

Archer - very strong name

- this is becoming one of my favorites

Braun - not a favorite, reminds me of the word or paper towels

- I didn't even think of that last night. I see it though.

Chester (nn Chet) - I like it, but I'm not sure if I would be brave enough to use it

- that's how I feel

Conrad - nice, strong name

- I agree

Crew - nice, but I prefer other names on your list

Eric - my favorite so far from your list, handsome and strong

- I thought so too

Greer - nice, strong name

Miles/Milo - I like Miles and Milo, both great choices

Paris - sorry, can't see this on a boy unfortunately

- I know

Victor (nn Vic or Vico) - love this with Rex and Troy!

- me too

Dean - one of my favorites

Bram and Wade - Nice names but I feel you have better choices on your list[/QUOTE]

Mid Atlantic
    Newest ideas:

Adler - I think of "addled", like to have a mental problem.
    - gotcha

Ajax - I like this except for the cleaner... that is the first thing that comes to mind. I don't like Rex and Ajax both ending with -x.
    - I hear ya. I like the name Felix too, but it has the -x too

Archer - (Latin)- Absolutely love this. This goes well with your surname, and sounds amazing with Rex and Troy.
    - I agree! I'm loving this one right now

Braun - (German) Don't like the -n -n with your surname.
    - I agree

Chester (nn Chet) - Just doesn't fit with your other boys, as it feels very nerdy and preppy.
    - I agree

Conrad - (German) I actually love this with Rex and Troy... it has the same testosterone level...
    - I agree! It sounds so strong!

Crew - Much too preppy to fit with Rex and Troy, imho. It makes his brothers sound manly... and him just very posh and preppy.
    - lol! I see where you're coming from

Eric - (Scandinavian) Ever- Too old school for me... I prefer Leif.
    - it is old school. But I feel like you don't hear too many little ones with this name.

Greer - (Greek) A form of Gregory. One This one would go well...
    - But?

Miles/Milo - (German/Latin) One who is merciful/ A soldier- This is good, but once again so week sounding with Troy and Rex.
    - I know. And I agree. I need to just say goodbye to this one.

Paris - (English/Greek) Man from the city in France/ in mythology, the prince of Troy who abducted Helen This could have been a great name for a boy... but not now. It would especially stand out with Rex and Troy. I'd assume he was their sister.
    - I know

My top names to this point:
    1. Archer... Just amazing. I wouldn't worry about the popularity. Even if you choose a name that's obscure now, there's no way to be sure it won't be popular in the future...
    - I misspoke about the popularity in my original post. Even though it rose 46 places from 2011-2012 it still only ranks at 404

2. Victor... also very good

3. Conrad... not Classical, but still pretty cool...

Mid Atlantic
    Quote Originally Posted by emsky View Post
    Ajax and Braun unfortunately remind me of paper towels and cleaning products (altho Ajax is a cute pet name). Paris and Crew I just do not like. Eric is a fine name but seems too plain/mainstream.

Archer and Milo are old favorites of mine, but my favorite of the new ones is Greer--super handsome! Victor, Dean and Bram are solid choices too.
    Yeah, Ajax and Braun would probably not be good sibling names

I'm liking Greer too. There's just something about it I like.

Thanks for the feedback!

Adler reminds me of the adjective addled! Please don't go for that one. I think Archer is great with your other boys' names. Conrad is really good too!
    Top picks for hypothetical #7
    Grace Elizabeth, Lucy Caroline, Stella Maris or Elizabeth Mary
    Luke Timothy, John Anthony, Peter Gregory, or Gabriel Thomas