Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dustin

Dustin

Lately, I find the name Dustin growing on me.

At first, I thought it was too dated and "cowboy-ish", but the cowboy-ish-ness is exactly what seems to be drawing me to it. Also, it seems to fit on either a boy or man, and it seems obviously male, which makes it appealing to me.

Thoughts? Too dated, or not-too-popular-but-still-familiar gem?

I like Dustin. I wouldn't say it's dated, it's a great name. I know two Dustin's, one a younger cousin (he's 20) and the other my brother's buddy growing up, he's 29. My cousin goes by his full name, my brother's buddy has always been Dusty.
    Artemis Willow ☀ Cordelia Avalon ☀ Isabeau Forest ☀ Isadora Nightingale ☀ Lorelei Ondine ☀ Lyra Snow ☀ Pandora Everild ☀ Tabitha Eilonwy ☀ Thisbe Wildrose ☀ Thora Silmarien
    Caspian Wilder ☀ Conrad Elessar ☀ Damian Sparrow ☀ Desmond Thorn ☀ Evander Hart ☀ Everett Ward ☀ Gwydion Alaric ☀ Malachi Bjorn ☀ Peregrine Llyr ☀ Theodore Winter

writing a novel and preparing for the baby making
    our two furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I feel like it is dated. It also makes me think of the word "dust" and Desitin diaper rash cream. I just don't like it. Sorry.

In all honesty, Dustin seems very early-90s dated to me. I grew up in the Midwest, so I've met a fair few Dustin's... And don't have a lot of positive associations with the name. I DO like the nn Dusty though!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Susannah, Loretta, Georgia, Theodora
    Viggo, Thaddeus, Woodrow, Laszlo

Dustin would've been my name if I was a boy (I was born in the mid-80s)... so it feels quite dated to me...
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara