Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Athena nn Thea?

Athena nn Thea?

My husband and I are trying to conceive baby #2, and are trying to narrow down girl names. This is one we're considering, but would love to hear your thoughts feedback on Athena and Thea. Which of these would you put on the birth certificate, and middle name options?

For Thea, I'm really liking:
    Thea Genevieve

For Athena, I'm really liking:
    Athena Violet

Our last name is pronounced ALL-berg, and if we went with Athena Violet, here initials would be AVA, another potential nickname.

Do these names "go" with brother Van? Any other first name recommendations to pair with him? I'd say we like names that reflect a creative personality, are "real" names, no creative spellings, are feminine but not frilly, and have a subtle earthiness to them maybe? The picture below has a quality of what we're going for in a name...what would you name her, for instance?

Thanks Berries!
    Attached Images
    Proud mama of Evan Patrick, nicknamed Van.

Future sibling possibilities:
    Sister - Sylviane Eileen nn Sylvie, Celia Jane, Lela Clementine, Stevie Janine.

Brother - Ward. Now to figure out his middle name. Crushing on Ward Sebastian, just need to get the husband on board...

I like Van and Thea best, but Thea Genevieve has a lot of E in it. I prefer Thea Violet, Thea Juliet, Thea Garnet, Thea Camille, Thea Lucille, Thea Grace, Thea Margot etc. What about Althea Violet nn Thea?

Some other possibilities:

Van and

Blythe
    Claire
    Cora
    Daphne
    Ellen
    Elsa
    Esme
    Fiona
    Flora
    Gemma
    Isla
    June
    Lucia
    Mae
    Maud
    Nora
    Phoebe
    Rose
    Sybil
    Thais
    Verity

How about Althea? (I also like Athea and it's apparently not a real name).
    I really like Thea as a nn (Ava is great too despite it's growing popularity) but think Athena is a bit off with sibling Van. Athena is a bit to recognizable and popular in that combo. Althea is a funkier and less popular and in my book makes an awesome match with Van.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Athena and Van are a great sibset IMO. Athena nn Thea would work, and Athena Violet is stunning. Initials AVA are a lovely nn too, despite popularity.
    ~Mehri