Names Searched Right Now:
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    I vote yes. Love nn Maggie or Merry or Molly.

I like its clunkiness, I find it endearing.

I actually kind of like Montgomery for a girl. I don't think you would be burdoning her. It has meaning and you love it, then she'll accept it.

I think some of these potential names for Ollie are more clunky and unreasonable than Montgomery...
    The Future Littles:
    Delaney Lynne, Mallory June, Bridget Victoria, Rachel MarloweBrandon Erich, Daniel Kent, Nolan ____

If I were in your situation with your background, I would go for Montgomery Ann, for sure. Family names are important to me, too. I agree that the other versions are a bit watered down to honour your grandmother. She will own it and make it her own and no one will think it is the slightest bit odd after she is a few weeks old. It's classic, strong, different yet very useable. We're like minded, though, I suspect. I named my daughter Benedikte (she is half German with a very German last name) after my grandfather, Benedict and a long line of German Aunts names Benita. I don't regret it, I love it in fact. We have to give a 5 second repeat/explanation when someone meets her and we always add, "you can call her Bea". Works just fine, no burden and almost everyone thinks it is interesting if they don't outright love it.

Quote Originally Posted by brigid16 View Post
    Ann Montgomery is rather sweet. Or Margaret Montgomery, nn Maggie or Merry or Meg.
    Anne with an E, especially linked with a name like (L.M.) Montgomery!
    Current favorites: Olive, Louise/Louisa, Magdalene/Madeline, Phillipa, Talitha, Mallory, Blythe, Eliza, Mercy, Talia; Calvin, Charles, Gideon, Abram, Jude, Reuben, George, Reid, Clark, Holden.

Love it! If it wern't a family name I would be hesitant but it being a family name I want to beg you to use it! Montgomery Ann is pretty, but what about Montgomery Olive, nn Molly/Mollie? I like the unexpectedness of Olive in the middle, I'm not a fan of Ann in the middle as it seems rather over used to me, but maybe with Montgomery being more out there that's not a bad thing. Or is Ann also a family name? I also love the nn Maggie. Please, Please use Montgomery as her first name!!
    ~ Elisabeth Odelia "Elsie" ~ Gideon Boone ~
    ~ Adelheid Ruby "Addie Rue" ~ Theodore Solomon "Teddy"~
    ~ Casilda Josephine "Cassie Jo" ~ Zaccheaus Westley "Zeke" ~