Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    The one thing I would encourage you to think about is what would you name a sister to Montgomery?
    Pondering names for a hypothetical #7. Current favorites: Grace Elizabeth and Lucy Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by lo View Post
    The one thing I would encourage you to think about is what would you name a sister to Montgomery?
    That is a good point. I'll have to think on that one.

Or a brother?

I do find myself loving Montgomery Ann, though. I would probably call her Molly.
    My girls: Grace Patricia "Gracie Pat" & Eloise Martha "Elsie Mae"
    If we had a baby today: Moira Jane OR Desmond Walter
    Guys: Julian, Amos, Tobias, August, Silas, Peter
    Dolls: Iris, Marian, Hazel, Flora, Margo, Agnes

http://modernmonikers.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by sillysheila View Post
    Or a brother?

I do find myself loving Montgomery Ann, though. I would probably call her Molly.
    We actually already have one son named Jackson Fielding. If baby #2 is a boy we've picked out Charles Everett. Both the middle names are family names. We are swimming in boy names over here!

Another family name? I would think that, because Montgomery is a family name, you don't have to worry too much about whether the sibs are a complete match. I would stay away from common one syllable names like Jane, though, for a sister.

One question I would ask myself if I were you is this: Would I regret giving up this name mainly because of what others think? It sounds to me like you would.
    Also, because it's a meaningful name, your daughter (or you) may be proudly explaining "I'm named after my great-great-grandmother" before people even have a chance to question the name. I would think almost any name was charming if I heard that explanation with it.
    Forty-something mom to three teenage girls and an eleven-year-old boy
    Foster mom to two sweet sisters born Aug 2011 and Sept 2012 and another wee girl born Aug 2013