Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I think it's a lovely idea, though I guess I am in the minority. I wouldn't do it myself because I think first children should be named after parents and my daughter is already named but it's interesting anyway.
    It's especially great if you could do different nicknames: Libby and Bess for Elizabeth, Vicki and Ria for Victoria, Natty and Tallie for Natalie, Charlie and Lottie for Charlotte...If boys can be juniors, why girls can't? Women deserve being honored too, usually mom plays bigger role in childrens' life.
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

I don't understand the junior thing. We are all individuals and therefore should we all have a name if our own.

I think it's common enough now where it's not really an issue anymore, and most wouldn't think twice about it, but you run the risk of coming off as unimaginative and conceited. Although I do think it's more acceptable to just stick the name in the middle spot.

I think unique identification is the entire purpose of a first name [at least, in cultures that use the same naming structure that i'm used to as an American]. While middle and surnames can be used to note family ties, I have no idea why someone would intentionally give the same name to two people, of any gender or combination of genders, who will have the same surname/be spending so much time in the same place. You yell out "John!" or "Mary!" and they both come running. It eliminates the whole point of a name.
    mother told me never to share a name before i used it.

My great-grandpa's son is a junior (And I think his son might be a the third) and his daughter's son is also a junior from her ex-husband, as is my mom's boyfriend. I've never really heard of a female junior. I've heard of a woman using like her maiden name or her name as a middle, but it's definitely WAY more common with boys. I think naming a child after your parent or grandparent or another family member is kind of nice, but I'm definitely not a fan of naming a child after the parent on either gender, though I do kind of tolerate it more with boys, but that might just be because it's more common.
    Last edited by kelslovesjesus; June 16th, 2013 at 11:37 PM.