Names Searched Right Now:
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Uh Oh...

Quote Originally Posted by sarahmezz View Post
    It's derogatory to the Catholics! It's a reference to Irish Catholics, who often had their children very close together because of lack of contraception!
    How is it derogatory when it's based in facts? Catholics in general (not just Irish) tend to have many children due to not believing in birth control. I've never understood why "Irish twins" was such an offensive statement, it's not like Catholics are unaware they have lots of kids. They probably joke about it too.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by rowangreeneyes View Post
    How is it derogatory when it's based in facts? Catholics in general (not just Irish) tend to have many children due to not believing in birth control. I've never understood why "Irish twins" was such an offensive statement, it's not like Catholics are unaware they have lots of kids. They probably joke about it too.
    My super Catholic grandfather would joke about large Catholic families , but saying that Catholics in general don't believe in birth control is a blanket statement. Irish Twins has become one of those old sayings, derogatory or not.
    BUT! Let's not turn this into a thing and hijack the thread.

Congratulations to @Ottilie, and good luck!
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Thanks again, and discuss Irish Twins all you want

Blade; I talked to my midwife yesterday, and we agreed to reschedule the appointment for another two weeks. She usually doesn't see anyone until at least 8 weeks, and she thought (from what I told her) that I's be between four and seven weeks, so there's really no point in me coming in. Especially as the only pregnancy I've had was healthy and successful. But if I change my mind, she can see me sooner (I'm using a private service, so they're a bit more flexible than NHS).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Congratulations! How lovely to have them so close together.
    ~Mehri

Wow! Congratulations! Start brainstorming on a name right away!
    I love Dita btw. Gorgeous!