Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh Oh...

Yowza! Congrats! My SO's niece (she's all grown not a young girl, they're not terribly far apart in age) had two back to back girls. I think they're less than a year apart. I just remember blinking and another girl was born. Honestly, I can't tell them apart! They look nearly identical, it's crazy. They're 3-4 now, and adorable and seem to love having an almost twin, though I doubt they really understand what that means yet. I think they're close enough to where they could enter school together, but their mother said she might keep the younger one home for a year so they aren't in the same grade. I can't even imagine!
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Polaris Fae ● Isabeau Jane Sophronia ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Khione Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

So exciting Ottielie! I have been thinking about you! My first two are 14 months apart and although it was a bit exhausting, every year got easier and easier and they really are the best of friends. There is never any boredom! The best part is, now that they are school-aged, they have a built-in buddy that makes them even more confident when they face new things, it is in those moments their bond is the strongest. You will do great!
    Momma to:

Oakley Adam
    Aspen Elizabeth
    Brecken Charlie

Expecting another boy October 8, 2013

Congrats Ottilie! My SIL's sister has Irish twins and they are adorable and very close.

I guess I missed Roo's real name? Can anyone direct me? I'm curious to see this beautiful name!
    Baby girl K.A.
    Born September 2013

Guilty pleasures: Anastasia Isadora/Isidore Nicodemus Persephone Darrow Opaline Aurelia Chloe Mirabel Camelia Theodore Eugenia

If you are having Irish twins (is that derogatory to the Irish?) then thank goodness you are having them when you are younger. My uncle and and his wife had red headed Irish twins when he was 50 &51 and she was 38 & 39. Babies can difficult at any age but it was particularly hard for him to start over when he already had a 20yo and his wife had a 10yo (both from previous marriages).

Quote Originally Posted by aviegrace View Post
    If you are having Irish twins (is that derogatory to the Irish?) then thank goodness you are having them when you are younger.
    It's derogatory to the Catholics! It's a reference to Irish Catholics, who often had their children very close together because of lack of contraception!

Edit - This is in response to aviegrace who asked whether the term is derogatory towards Irish people. Personally, I don't think it's a particularly offensive term, but it's definitely "derogatory" because it's a pay out! I mean, it's not exactly complimentary! LOL
    Last edited by sarahmezz; June 16th, 2013 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Responding to rowangreeneyes
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter