Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I don't think it's too close, either. Then again, there are about 15 Johns in my family tree, so Anna and Anne (both with the nn Annie, possibly) are nothing. haha. You're obviously honoring her, so unless you're looking for a way to honor both grandmothers (like Liliana for a Lillian and Anne, or Annabeth for an Anne and an Elizabeth, or Susanna for a Susan and an Anne), I think using just Anna is fine, especially if that's what you love best.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

megmarie: As a person who grew up with the same name as my grandmother, I find that a little strong. It is a problem, for some people, so it's perfectly legitimate for people to think it's too close.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I don't think it's too close. Lots of people are named after their grandparents. Like ashthedreamer, in one side of my family we had four Robins (two males, two females) and on the other, three men with Francois in their name.

My brother is named after my grandfather and there was never any confusion about having two Neils around. When the family was together, my grandpa was typically called Dad or Grandpa by all present, and when one person is a child and the other a senior citizen, it's usually fairly clear from context and tone of voice who is being spoken to anyway.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

I love Anna, Hannah, and Susannah. They're all classically lovely. Anne and Anna are very close, but I don't think that's a problem. I also don't think it would be a problem if you decided to just name her Anne or if you called her Annie. It's very common for children to be named after a grandparent. Even if they have the exact same name, I imagine it's rarely confusing. When the little one is around Grandma Anne, everyone is probably just going to be referring to her as Grandma/Granny/Nana!

I dont think it's too close for a grandma/granddaughter. Siblings or mother/daughter yes.
    Annabel is probably my favorite variant on Anne. You could also use names with 'ana' on the end like Liliana, Mariana, Luciana etc
    Mama to ~Rowan Josephine 1/12~
    and ~Teagan Dahlia~ 5/13~