Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Poster Iwillpraise,
    I have never seen this film, but I'm glad to know it's connected to an incredible story about a man who (apparently) changed his ways as he was affected by the things he did. Great!

You're the only one who's mentioned the Job and Marcellus connection...but I thought of that and loved that, too! Marcellus is to honor a loved one who has passed away (we made it as close to Marcel, the honoree's name, as we could), but when I saw the meaning of Marcellus I was quite excited because it does seem that a real warrior is often persecuted but overcomes.

I briefly thought about spelling it Jobe, but I love the original spelling, and I think that one correction will set most people straight. It's not as difficult for people to get their minds around as our daughter's name, for example. And, it is a great way to expand horizons on names (and even on ancient Biblical names). Also, with the "e" at the end, it might get pronounced Jo-bee which is going to be his "nickname" (or long-name?), but which we didn't want people mistaking if he does not want a cutesy name as he grows. Quickest way to correct people is to say "rhymes with robe" and it seems to be working so far.

Thanks for your enthusiastic response.
    Last edited by rebekah83; June 15th, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Mommy to:

Amaré Elyse . Her name is the present infinitive of "to love" in Latin, and we pronounce it Am-uh-RAY.

Job Marcellus. We call him Joby.

You're quite welcome

I agree that Job isn't nearly as hard as others I've heard and that it will only take 1 correction for people to get it right. I don't like it with an -e as much either. "It rhymes with robe" is ingenious....and yet another reason why you should seriously check out that movie (hehehe)!

<3 Job and Amare are adorable.
    michael william & gabriel patrick | adelaide susanne & nadia eloise

Before I was born the LORD called me;
    from my mother's womb He has spoken my NAME
    ~ Isaiah 49:1

I would prefer the traditional Job no 'e'.
    Psalm 23

Congrats on choosing a unique name like Job Marcellus and sticking to your guns! Good luck.
    All the best,
    Mischa.