Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lovewn View Post
    So happy you decided to stick with Job! I saw your other thread and never got around to commenting but I just love the name. The story is really inspiring as everyone goes through some sort of trials in life ( though most not as much as biblical Job).

I saw the negative comments on your original post and so hoped they wouldn't change your mind, it's funny how negative comments about a name can make you feel a bit defensive of it and realize just how much you really love it.
    Thanks! Yeah, it was actually good to hear all sides of the opinion on Job, especially from people I don't know, but who know names. It helped brace me and make my mind more firm. You're right about that! I tried to hear everyone out, but at the end of the day, the objections didn't seem as great as the reason and meaning behind the name for us. We also think it's a traditional, strong name that will be just fine for a kid, then a man.

I love reading your previous thread. It reminded me how I loved the name Job when I was in college -- my first name crush. Congrats!
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: loving Grace, Emily, Lucy, Mary, Caroline or Elizabeth
    Future boy: not loving anything

Thanks, Lo! Now if only we could get Nameberry to change their view on the name to be at least neutral~ rather than just comment that they don't think any parent would want to lay the trials of Job on their child~ well then, we're on our way to changing the view of the name nation-wide. ha!

Seriously, there are so many other names with dire meanings--I have decided there is a decided prejudice against this one! As I had said earlier, it's not like it's Judas, Hitler, or John Wilkes Booth!

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    Oh, thank you for checking in again! Do come back and post in the Birth Announcement section when little Job arrives so his handsome name will make the Nameberry Quarterly Report over in the blog section.

Incidentally, I recently heard of a friend-of-friend with a little guy, only 1 maybe 2 years old, called Joby. I think his birth certificate name is Job. So I think there may be other parents out there sharing your opinion on Job's good name.

Congratulations on your boy and name choice!
    Hi!I just realized I hadn't mentioned that we are planning on calling our little Job "Joby"~ at least through his childhood years. We love the sound of it, and Job is a nice, strong name to fall back on if he thinks that is too childish later on. Our little 20 month old daughter says it so cute, as well-- "Ba-bee Jo-beee".

I did get warned that this means other things in Britain () but we are willing to take the chance, since we'll be mostly living in the US (as far as we know). Did you remember my saying that we were going to call him Joby from an earlier thread? If not, it's pretty cool you happened upon another family with the same plan. I like knowing that!

Quote Originally Posted by tuitree View Post
    The name James means surplanter and that's been popular for centuries. I think your right persecuted leads me to think perseverance, and strength dispite adversary.
    I quite agree! And what an awesome man of Godliness and strength to be named after! I adore the picture you've painted of your daughter saying little brother's name

Marcellus has stuck with me for years and been a favorite of mine ever since watching the 1953 movie, The Robe. Marcellus Gallio (played by Robert Burton) was the Roman tribune who crucified Jesus and won His robe....the story is incredible!

Anyway, I do like the two names together since you must be a warrior (Marcellus) to overcome (Job). Would you consider spelling it Jobe just to eliminate confusion on its pronunciation? Since a very small percentage of people are churched these days, I'm afraid He will have to correct most :P

Congratulations! It's always the BEST feeling finding the perfect name!! Enjoy! May many blessings follow!
    michael william & gabriel patrick | adelaide susanne & nadia eloise

Before I was born the LORD called me;
    from my mother's womb He has spoken my NAME
    ~ Isaiah 49:1