Names Searched Right Now:

Boys name help... Levin?

First of all, what is/was your initial reaction to the name Levin? I've gotten some very negative feedback on it and am now wondering if it is useable. Thanks! Additionally, I was hoping I could get some feedback on some other favorites of mine, as well as some suggestions of names I might like. Here's my (recently updated) list, I would appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have!

Levin
    Camden
    Reilly
    Luca
    Crew (on the fence with this one. I love it but not sure about actually using it... hubby loves it though)
    Holden
    Lyle (hubby doesn't like so it's out.. unless he changes his mind )
    Henry (only middle)
    Lazarus (I haven't suggested it to hubby yet, but I'm guessing he'll say no...)
    Jacob, only with the nickname Jake (not sure about because of popularity. I normally don't mind popularity, but Jacob is just SO popular)
    Lleyton
    Wiley (my all-time favorite name, but we will probably only use it as a middle, if at all)
    Sage (only middle)
    Rafferty
    Macaulay (only middle)

Levin- my family friend has this name. We met because he was the handyman that my mom used /recommended for her real estate clients. He was very kind and fair, looked quite imposing but was so nice and down to earth. He became a close friend over the years and always treated me like an adult, not a child, which I thought was really interesting. So for me the associations with that name are very positive.
    Camden- it's not that bad... It makes me think of Camden yards and I'm not even a big baseball fan. The name itself has a nice sound, soft but strong. I kind of prefer Cameron, but think Camden is an interesting alternative.
    Reilly- so glad to see this on a boy list (rather than riley on girls). I grew up with a Reilly and he was a mischievous but charming kid who, despite getting into trouble, all the moms seemed to like.
    Luca- I'm getting a feel for your taste in names theyre softer sounding, not abrupt or harsh and have a nice ring to them. Luca is another one of those gorgeous names.
    Crew (on the fence with this one. I love it but not sure about actually using it... hubby loves it though)- I'm not sure about this one.... I like the sound and shortness without being abrupt, but I can't help but think of crew neck, j crew (and I hesitate to say it but since it is my impression/reaction) crucifix. I don't mind crew for a nickname but can't think of a longer name to go with it (aside from Caruso but that's a bit much Imo)
    Holden- such a handsome name. I'd worry about teasing along the lines of 'Holden hands'... Not enough to not use it, but something to keep in mind.
    Lyle (hubby doesn't like so it's out.. unless he changes his mind)- eeh, not so sure about this one. It's always had a kind of slick, shady sound to me.
    Henry (only middle)- there's a reason this name is so popular. It's classic, handsome, and so wearable.
    Lazarus (I haven't suggested it to hubby yet, but I'm guessing he'll say no...)- I'd probably side with the husband on this one, sorry.
    Jacob, only with the nickname Jake (not sure about because of popularity. I normally don't mind popularity, but Jacob is just SO popular)- it is popular but it had a pleasant sound. Handsome but approachable, with a sporty side in Jake.
    Lleyton- not crazy about the double L... Also unsure what the nicknames would be. Ley, as in lay (connotations), layt as in late? (may not matter to you- I'm a nicknamer to a fault!)
    Wiley (my all-time favorite name, but we will probably only use it as a middle, if at all)- it's a bit cowboy for my liking, but in the middle spot I could give some spice to a softer first name.
    Sage (only middle)- a very nice middle name, definitely. Unexpected but not too wild, rugged (thinking of sagebrush) but appeals to a gentler side.
    Rafferty- I'm lukewarm on this name, it's not bad but I don't have any strong reaction to it.
    Macaulay (only middle)- not bad in the middle spot, I like it with the shorter first names to add some depth.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by anotherkate; June 12th, 2013 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Auto correct

Levin - If I heard a child with this name, I would think that it was the mother's maiden name or a family name. It's not bad but nothing exciting. I prefer Levi.
    Camden - trendy place name. Proceed with caution.
    Reilly - I like this spelling or Riley. The rest are terrible. Unfortunately, in North America, I think this is going to the girls.
    Luca - Italian, suave and debonair
    Crew - Better in the middle spot. It makes me think of hair (crew cut).
    Holden - I don't mind it but it's not the best literary character.
    Lyle - My mind immediately goes to Lyle Lovett.
    Henry - A classic and timeless choice.
    Lazarus - I like the sound of this name but it comes with baggage for some people.
    Jacob - A great Biblical name but popularity would scare me away. There's popular and then there's MEGA-POPULAR.
    Lleyton - Leighton looks sophisticated (I knew a MALE Leighton). Lleyton looks like a modern phonetic invention.
    Wiley - Sorry but the rotten Road Runner cartoon character Wile E. Coyote comes to mind.
    Sage - Never liked this name.
    Rafferty - An Irish, spunky and somewhat dangerous rake
    Macaulay - One of the few Mc/Mac names I don't dislike. I do think of Mr Culkin though but it's fine in the middle spot.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Levin - Reminds me of a furniture store near here, so I don't care for it. I like Levi, though. Or Levon (like Levon Helm)
    Camden - Not a fan.
    Reilly - I like the Riley spelling better, but it's a good name.
    Luca - It's okay.
    Crew - Feels too insubstantial
    Holden - So-so
    Lyle - NMS but doable. I had a student with this name, and he wore it well.
    Henry (only middle) - Love this.
    Lazarus - As you can see by my signature, I love this. Lazar would be a cool nickname.
    Jacob, only with the nickname Jake - It's a nice name, but yeah, it's uber-popular.
    Lleyton - NMS
    Wiley - Not bad. It would make a nice middle.
    Sage - Love.
    Rafferty - Very handsome.
    Silas ~ Gideon ~ Lincoln ~ Ezekiel ~ Malachi ~ Samuel ~ Ezra ~ Charlie ~ Gabriel ~ Elliott
    Maisie ~ Sophie ~ Naomi ~ Willa ~ Evangeline ~ Freya ~ Vivienne ~ Nora ~ Josephine ~ Daphne

Levin is cool. I dig the Anna Karenina connection
    P.S. My son is Holden and we love it!