Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I'm Hannah Catherine. I've never gone by my middle name. I am rather attached to it as it's a family name, but I think I am more of a Hannah than a Catherine anyway, even though I know a lot more Hannahs. I wouldn't really ever want to go by my middle name though. A lot of people in my family do, including both my parents and they both find it annoying. In every case the first name is after a relative and the middle is 'their own' name. One of my best friends is also called by her middle. She is Catherine Jill but in our school system Jill had been entered for both her first name and her middle. Thus she was Jill Jill sn on the register for most of the time we were at school until someone actually got round to changing it. I still call her Jill-Jill sometimes.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

In my family, middle names are family names, and usually the name of a godparent. We don't use the names, and when we travel together we get a good laugh over the repetition in our passports. I like the tradition though, the middle name - even when we don't like it and some of us don't - is special to each of us since it's one of the traditions that connect us and a link to a special relationship we have with a family member.

My cousins sometimes call me by my middle name and same with my friends. Mainly because I am a name nerd and I call them by their first and middle names a lot. I don't mind getting called my middle name because at school I go by my last name a lot of the time so it's not rare for me to be called by any of my names.
    Strive not to be a success, but rather of value
    ~Albert Einstein~

My middle name is my mothers maiden name, so it's really not usable. I kind of wish I had gotten two middle names, because my parents wanted to use Rose as well, but they thought two middle names was too much.
    I used to know a girl with the middle name of Rebecca who went by Becky, though.

I also only ever heard it when I was in trouble - although my dad occasionally calls me Ebby Eden. I was considering going by my middle name for a while, but I don't like Eden anymore than I like Ebony.

I know of two people who go by their middle names in everyday life: My uncle, Norman John goes by John/Johnny and my aunty, Lisa Michelle goes by Michelle/Shelle.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]