Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

use of mn in your life?

how many of you nameberrys go by your middle name?*or perhaps your children, or anyone you know?

Do you get called your first name sometimes and your middle name other times? Or a mixture of the two?*

(Personally, the ONLY time in my whole life that my mn was used was when I was in trouble as a small kid: my mum would shout my full name lol!)

As an adult, I hardly ever use my middle name, practically none of my friends know it, (it's not a horrible name, I just never use it!) and I rarely use it when filling in forms, unless specifically asked for a mn. It's kind of a non existent name for me!

I'm just wondering what everyone else's experience is with their mn really

When my parents chose my names, they intended to call me by my middle. They just thought Agnes Ottilie sounded better than Ottilie Agnes. However, when I was born they decided to use my first because they loved how it sounds in French (we lived in France back then). When we moved to England I hated how people pronounced my name, so I started going by my middle instead. When I was 19-20 I started using my first again. So half the people I know call me Agnes, Agnessa, Agnoushka, names like that, and the other half uses Ottilie. And a very few uses both (grandparents). It's never been a big issue for me, I've just told my teachers/professors that I go by my middle, and that's been that.

My boyfriend goes by his second middle in his private life, always has and that was the intention. He uses his first name as his artistic name though.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Haha snap- the only time my middle name is/was used is when I'm in trouble I do love it though.

I know a fair few people who go by their middles, for varying reasons. One was given the same name as his father and goes by his MN to distinguish between the two, one just dislikes her FN and another has always gone by his middle name because, like ottilie, that's what his parents intended- the flow was better with the fav name in the middle spot.

I love middles As a name nerd, it gives me more of a chance to use some of the many names I love and to honour special things, places or people. Plus it's just a nice tradition to follow. It must be a little dull going through life as plain ol' John Smith. And on a practical level, it lessens the chance of fraud, especially if you have a common surname. Middle names FTW!
    William ♠ Thomas ♠ Peter ♠ Henry ~ Rose ♠ Alice ♠ Ivy ♠ Lowenna
    Mowesi ~ Henwyn Kernewek ~ Mebyon

I have never actually used my middle name for anything (sadly). I've been called Elly throughout my entire childhood, but that's because in Danish, the -eli- in Zelia sounds slightly like that, and it has nothing to do with my middle name (though lots of people think so). I really love middles, I think it's interesting to hear the stories behind people's first names, but often I find that the stories behind middles are much more exciting.

I know some people who go by their middle names, mainly people who don't like their first names or have good friends or family members with the same first name.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

The only time my middle name was used was also when I was in trouble, I think that's a common thing for parents to do. Now I never really use it except to fill out forms.

I know of 2 people who go by their middle name. One is my Grandpa, he uses his middle because he HATES his first name. The other is my cousin and she uses her middle because she doesn't like her first name because it's a boy's name (Jordan).
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Nathaniel

Pinterest | Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables