Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lara came immediately to mind. And I realize that I bring this name up in just about every thread, but Jane absolutely fits the bill. Streamlined, elegant, easy to spell and to pronounce. Jane is perfect.

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Actually, Merrick would sound quite different in Portuguese, Spanish or French - the double R is way different than the English way of Rolling the Rs! Like Paris said by a french: http://pt.forvo.com/word/paris/#fr . To a Portuguese, the "rrick" part would sound like the final of Henrique http://pt.forvo.com/word/henrique/#pt It doesn't mean that it won't sound good too, I'm just saying it would be different.

For English and Latin Languages (I have no ideia about Polish :/ ), great names (pronounce and spelling) would be (kind of by order):

Gabriel, Daniel, Samuel and other -el names
    David
    Lucas
    Noah
    Max
    Victor

Maria
    Laura
    Sofia/Sophia
    Matilda/Matilde
    Alma
    Ana
    Natalia is good, too!
    Lara
    Lorena
    Helena/Elena
    Leonor
    Last edited by joana; June 13th, 2013 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitley check out those lists, that's a great idea!

To clarify, I didn't mean a name that sounds the SAME in every language, I just meant a name that sounds GOOD in every language! Even if it totally changes the sound of the name. Or example, with Merrick. When I say it in italian I say it the same as in English but with a rolled r am shorter e. same for Spanish. French and Portuguese don't matter to us quite as much, but I don't mind the way it would be saidin French with the 'ique' ending! In polish it translates to Marek which I pronounced mah-REK.

I think Alexander and Alexandra are very multicultural. Also John(Sean-Ivan-Jan) and Anna, Victor and Victoria, Nicholas and Nina.

Sebastian and Natalia and two of my favorite names!

Elizabeth
    Isabella
    Catherine (there are many variations of this name you could use)

Most biblical names would serve this function as well.

Tatiana
    Thalia
    Rose or Rosa
    Amelia
    Matthias
    Jacob
    Seth
    Marielle
    Leo