Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ophelia?

Ophelia Mary is so sweet! It would give her something classic to use, just in case. I think Ophelia Rae is also pretty cute. You could also get them both in there with the fel-heavy Ophelia Felicity/Felicity Ophelia. I don't think it's too bad with the different 'e' sounds.

I really, really like Ophelia. It's such a beautiful name. I also kind of like Fidelia (kind of a blend between Ophelia and Felicity).

Crushing on
    Vilhelmina ◇ Elysia ◇ Hilda ◇ Fiona ◇ Inga ◇ Felicia ◇ Rosa ◇ Lovisa ◇ Freja ◇ Isobel ◇ Gustav ◇ Odin ◇ Axel ◇ Emil ◇ Angus ◇ Ingo ◇ Georg ◇ Tore ◇ Atlas ◇ Imre

among others

~ From Sweden - Feel free to ask if you want to know anything about Swedish names! ~

I like Ophelia. On one hand its literary, historical and sophisticated sounding. It makes me think of fairies a lot (in a good way). On the other...I also hear oaf which probably isn't a big deal but I can't help but be bothered by it.
    ~♥~ Amanda ~♥~
    A proud mom to one little monkey named Cato

I much prefer Felicity, to be perfectly honest. I don't think Ophelia is a bad name, I just like the other one better. With Ophelia, as others have said, I would watch the teasing potential..I suppose any name can be made fun of, but Ophelia is one of the ones most known to be teased. If you make a point to really pronounce the "lia" at the end, it could maybe prevent some of that (instead of a blended O-feel-ya, aim for Oaf-feel-leah...if that makes sense).

My grandmother's name is Ofelia. Granted, it was a different time period, but she was never teased for her name. My grandfather calls her Fela (soft e) as a nickname. I think it's very elegant and will probably consider it for a future daughter as a first or middle (with the 'f' spelling for my grandma).