Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ophelia?

Ophelia?

Ophelia has been a guilty pleasure name of mine for a long time, but lately I have started to think it is actually usable. What do you think? Does it go with my sibset of Alexander, Madelyn, and Genevieve? I know we probably won't find anything as wonderful as Felicity (our current #1 choice), but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on Ophelia.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I love Ophelia... I would love to use it for a future daughter, probably in the middle, but there's nothin wrong with it as a first! It's just that my man won't have it as a first. But I think it's beautiful and it's got so many great associations for me, not only the shakespearian one. I think it would be very nice with your children, you've already got the medieval tragic heroine theme going with Genevieve and Madelyn.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Thanks Ottilie! I never really thought of that connection before.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Ophelia is a favorite and I see no reason for it being unusable. If we discarded every name associated with a not so good event or story we'd have to name children using numbers

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

I absolutely love Ophelia. It's on the list for possible future children. I really don't see the problem with the association.

Do you have any middle or nickname name ideas?