Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thoughts on Martin and Alistair

What are your thoughts on the names Martin and Alastair? Thanks! I don't like the nn Marty or Al.
    Last edited by ladyhope; June 9th, 2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Changed Alistair to Alastair
    Bethanie Vivian-Latinist, art historian, world traveler, Harry Potter enthusiast, book collector, Latin magistra, adoring wife, name collector circa 2005. TTC June 2016.

mom to macbeth dickens the orange and white tabby, sylvie fleur & delphine esmee the twin calicoes, tiberius teddy "tiber" the blue merle mini aussie, and nicholas jackson "nick/nicky/nickle" the heinz 57 hound <3

guys - theodore samuel august abel raphael jude
    dolls - genevieve aurora helena clara jane susannah

Martin - nice enough name. Most Martins I know are 30+ but I don't think it's dated.

Alistair - I really like and it'd be on my list if it weren't for a family member with the name! I prefer the Alastair spelling though- I see 'A Lister' when it's spelt 'Alistair'.

I do really like the Alastair spelling too! I need to see which one my DBF prefers. Thanks!
    Bethanie Vivian-Latinist, art historian, world traveler, Harry Potter enthusiast, book collector, Latin magistra, adoring wife, name collector circa 2005. TTC June 2016.

mom to macbeth dickens the orange and white tabby, sylvie fleur & delphine esmee the twin calicoes, tiberius teddy "tiber" the blue merle mini aussie, and nicholas jackson "nick/nicky/nickle" the heinz 57 hound <3

Ok I asked and he prefers Alastair so I edited the OP. thanks

I love Alastair, but I don't like Martin.
    Ian Alexander Cameron Blaise Damien Cole Axel Sean Callum Bryce Lennox Beau
    Blair Annevieve Camryn Atalya Piper Caydence Tallulah Sage Senna Kai Haven Lux