Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer? Why?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jasper Ioas Brandt Lucky

67 70.53%
  • Emrys Nabil Brandt Lucky

28 29.47%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I prefer Emrys Ioas. If that's not an option then Jasper Ioas; I don't like Nabil

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

Emrys Nabil Brandt Lucky I love Jasper but the flow of this name is better and I really like Emrys to. maybe more than Jasper
    Mommy to
    Noah William,
    Elianna (Ella) Beatrice and
    Joseph (Joss) Arthur

It's interesting that in the comments Emrys seems to be getting a bit more love than Jasper (by a little bit), but in the poll Jasper is way ahead. I've noticed this about Jasper on past polls as well, he always seems to get the most votes (he's had the most votes in the 3-4 polls I've put him on over the past several months), but he usually only gets one or two preferences among the comments.

I'm glad to hear that many of you have as difficult a time deciding between these two names as I do. I go back and forth about which my favorite is.

@Aurora- I see what your saying about that subtle connection between Rayhan and Emrys with the R and the Y, I do like that a lot too. But, as you say, the Chinese naming issue is quite a bit easier when going with Jasper. Though we're in the process of figuring out solid Chinese names for both options (either connected by pronunciation or meaning), so hopefully we'll be able to figure that out well. It's hard.

@Tf- It is hard, isn't it... I also like both of those characterizations you outlined, maybe I should choose the name Jasrys or Emper to get a combination of the two personality characteristics?........ (ha)

@Emsky- I do have a slight fear of the trendiness of Jasper, but I don't think it's gonna become a mega-popular name or anything (over the past 3 years it's only moved up about 20 spots in the top 1000 list), so I'm not overly worried. And my appreciation for the name outweighs this fear for me. Let me know if you do end up voting for one or the other. I'm curious about your vote since we seem to have very similar naming preferences.

@Kat- I understand what your saying about the 'Em' nickname thing, but with this name a nickname seems kinda unnecessary to me, and the same 'Em' thing could be said about other names like Emmett or Emmerich as well, which are all boy's name to me (as are Emerson, Emory/Emery to my ear), which makes me less concerned about potential girl's name perceptions in relation to Emrys. I am about a quarter(ish) Welsh myself (maybe even a tad bit more than that), so I do like the idea of using a Welsh name.

@Nat- I feel like Emrys Ioas would be a bit more -sss when paired up next to each other. Nabil has a lot of significance for us as well, so I would love to be able to use that name.

@Serenity- Glad to hear you prefer the flow of E.N.B.L. to J.I.B.L. I was worried that it might not flow as well with three of the four names being two syllable names in there.

Any further thoughts?
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

Quote Originally Posted by javad View Post
    @Emsky- I do have a slight fear of the trendiness of Jasper, but I don't think it's gonna become a mega-popular name or anything (over the past 3 years it's only moved up about 20 spots in the top 1000 list), so I'm not overly worried. And my appreciation for the name outweighs this fear for me. Let me know if you do end up voting for one or the other. I'm curious about your vote since we seem to have very similar naming preferences.
    I ended up voting for Emrys, although I remain torn. I think I slightly prefer the flow of Emrys Nabil, altho I love the look of Jasper Ioas.

This is somewhat embarrassing, but I have to admit, I think I stole Emrys and Amias from you! They are both relatively new to me and I fell in love with them after some of your earlier posts. (Jasper was on my list already.)

I'm not expecting or anything, just gathering ideas/inspiration for the future.

Anyway, best of luck. You can't go wrong, in my opinion.

I like Jasper a little better than Emrys for a first name but I think that Emrys Nabil Brandt combo flows better. I'm not crazy about the shared "as" of Jasper Ioas. Have you considered Jasper Nabil Brandt as a combo?

I imagine a boy named Jasper as...spunky, happy-go-lucky (no pun intended ), curious, artistic, creative and bold. Jasper Lucky sounds like someone famous.

Emrys sounds like he would be a more serious, studious, quiet boy.
    All the best,
    Mischa.