Names Searched Right Now:
Page 195 of 247 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 193 194 195 196 197 205 245 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove14 View Post
    One more question for all you ladies! The last few appointments I've had, I've been checked out bc of a sort of burning feeling after urinating. They checked for a UTI and it was negative, so that was good. But thy said there was a little bit of yeast. They told me to take Monistat. I've never used it, but have used an antibiotic with an applicator, and I find it MISERABLE. Everything sort of leaks out anyways, it makes it sensitive there, it sort of burns... Just no fun! I'm guessing baby can't really be affected by yeast infections. That being said, I haven't done the Monistat. Wondering if any moms have any suggestions? Natural ways to clear it up? If the symptoms aren't that bad can I just not take it? Or should I just suffer and do it?
    Everyone has some yeast, my understanding is you only need to treat it if its making you uncomfortable. My midwife said it wouldn't hurt our baby when I was a little yeasty (and it wasn't bothering me so I just let it be) late in pregnancy. I understand sugar is the main culprit for overactive yeast production so maybe try cutting down on sweets (and wheat)? I've also read you may want to cut back on cheese & meat cause they can exacerbate a yeast infection. I think eating plain probiotic yogurt can be helpful, as well as garlic & unsweetened cranberry juice. There are also some herbal teas you can take (ginger, german chamomile, echinacea & others) but I'm not sure about taking them during pregnancy, you might want to research that a bit first.
    As far as herbal remedies & all things related to the female body THIS is the best book ever! I absolutely recommend it to everyone, it is an amazing resource and my go-to for just about every problem. http://www.amazon.ca/The-Complete-Wo.../dp/0805035370
    New username is @ truenature

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; March 31st, 2014 at 03:42 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

Totally going to echo the other ladies here with regard to yeast - probiotics (I'd go for 20+billion, as the lower counts probably won't do much for you) and a good organic, whole yogurt. Also, for external itch/rash relief, soak in the bath tub with a cup or two of baking soda. That clears Ivy's yeasty diaper rashes right up

Sarah - Well, I certainly hope that zapping doesn't hurt baby! We went to the children's museum for Ivy's birthday in October, and I got zapped like five times! They have a giant static ball that you put your hand on and it makes your hair stand on end. Usually, they have you hold your kid and you both put your hand on the ball and then they start it up and things get crazy. Well, the kid running it must have just started that day, because he started it before we had our hands on but didn't tell us. Then it was like a classic comedy - he'd be all, "Okay, NOW!" and we'd put our hand on and get shocked again. Ugh. I choose to think it will make Martin smarter... or something.

So, good update here: Ivy slept through the night in HER OWN ROOM last night. It was our first night really trying. I laid down with her and she just would not settle, so I told her goodnight and that I'd be in the living room if she needed me. She just rolled over and said, "Okay, mama. Love you too, nigh nigh," and we never heard another peep until 6:30AM. WTF? Who is this kid?
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; March 31st, 2014 at 03:42 PM.
    My March arrival:
    Dulcinea Tesla
    We call her Daisy
    in honor of my mom.

@babtr1ll - Congratulations! So awesome that you made it to 36 weeks and were able to have them naturally! I have always been curious about naming twins, too, so I was very interested to hear what you said about that - makes total sense though! Are they identical or fraternal?

@vitamom - I've been having some jitters about the birth too (strangely, because my last birth was so EASY! I feel like there's no way it can go that way again). Anyway, I've been listening to some hypnobirthing stuff and I've found it very helpful so far. I've also been doing some positioning exercises to make sure baby is ideally positioned for labor, and that's helped also. I think just feeling proactive and in control is good for me.

@babylove - Try a good probiotic for yeast if it's not bothering you too much. That and drink some 100% unsweetened cranberry juice and lots of water. Cutting sugar and refined carbs can help, too, as can wearing cotton undies and no pantiliners/anything that would keep moisture against you. Also you can sleep without underwear if you normally wear them to bed.

@kitkat - I agree that you could use Gemma Gretchen if you wanted - unless your last name begins with G also, then it might be overkill but I also get if it just doesn't sound right to you. And I totally agree that nursing is easier the second time as you know what to expect!

@sarah - Ever impressed with all your nesting! I love that your 5 year old helped you paint, mine loves doing stuff like, too. I can't imagine that getting shocked would do anything to the baby (especially at that point when they are just a little clump of cells!) but I hope your appointment comes quickly and you get some reassurance.

@tk - I'm jealous that your transition was so easy thus far! Both of my kids still climb in our bed if they wake up at night...which at least one of them does relatively often...it can get quite crowded and certainly won't work well once the baby's here!

As for me I'm 38 weeks this week. Ready to be done, although I'd prefer a Feb birthday so I won't be TOO upset if baby holds out until the 1st!