Names Searched Right Now:
Page 63 of 247 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast
    Well Ladies, we had another Ultrasound today.

And these babies showed everything for the cameras.

We're having 2 baby boys. Heartbeats are synchronized at 154 bpm.

I'm not going to lie... We were all very sad that we won't have at least one daughter. And I feel immense guilt over it. but it physically hurt to realize that I will never have a daughter. That I won't be able to pass on the one tradition that my family has (mn for first born daughters), that my in-laws get what they want (boys.)

I know that I will love these boys as much as I love our son, but its more of a missing piece than anything else. I hope this makes sense. I feel so selfish and guilty....

But, we're still doing the big gender reveal with my family this weekend. And I did some retail therapy...that helps.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; March 31st, 2014 at 02:51 PM.

Greci; Do not feel guilty. You're grieving that you won't have a girl, that is perfectly understandable. I would've done the same if I didn't have my girl(s), there's nothing wrong with that at all. Of course you will love your boys and when they're here you wouldn't want to trade them for a girl, but the sense of loss at not having a daughter is something you should allow yourself to feel now. My husband said (after I gave birth to my daughter) that he was relieved we had a girl the first time as he didn't have to worry about my longing for a little girl with every pregnancy. I'm glad you did some retail therapy! You should treat yourself a lot now, do girlie stuff. And I'm sure your two little boys will be absolutely precious! I cast my vote for Sebastian and Archer, or Griffin and Archer (they would make a smashing threesome!).
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Grecianern - same here, was SO disappointed when I found out our first wasn't a girl. We had a girl name picked out that was perfect and we were referring to the baby as 'her.' Just like saracita said, I was sad about not having a girl, but not sad I had my boy of course! Boys are so so surprisingly cuddly - mine is 3 and asks to snuggle with me all the time. I totally get how you feel though. I felt tearful about it for a while. This is why I feel if you really have a strong wish for 1 gender that you need to find out at the ultrasound to adjust your expectations in case it doesn't turn out the way you want. That way you are 100% happy at the birth with no thought in your head about how much you had wanted X.

PS - Griffin is #1 on my list too if it's a boy this time around. It's about all I got but my husband isn't 100% on board yet. We will find out in just over a week whether we are fighting over a girl name (Amelia vs Violet) or a boy name (Griffin vs Wyatt).

thanks Ladies. I'm still disappointed in not having a daughter, but we keep joking that I am now 3/4 of the way to my Olympic 4-man relay swim team in 2032!

It was funny, we went through names again this weekend and found out that Griffin isn't sitting too well with us, and that Archer/Asher are very confusing for some of my family. But we've added to the list, which is always helpful.

Their favorites: Weston, Keagan and Landon.

We've got time, and we'll see. My friends keep joking that I can try for #4 later. Um, no. We're too old for that.

Their is a little confusion over one of the genders... Baby B, based on the picture. but their heartbeats are the same at 154bpm. We'll get another confirmation at the Anatomy Scan on 9/6, but I'm still guessing that they are both boys.

Our son is pretty happy with 2 brothers. And that's really important.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~