Names Searched Right Now:
Page 61 of 247 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 161 ... LastLast
    Well, I completely lost my voice Thursday and Friday and just generally felt miserable. It didn't help that everyone was gone from work on Friday to the state fair... so I was on the phones most of the day.

I finally gave up and went to the doctor Friday afternoon at 3:30. He kept saying that if it was a simple cold - I would have started to feel better 2-3 days after onset, not keep getting worse.

So, I have a sinus infection, borderlining into bronchitis. I went on huge pills of Amoxicillin Friday night. But Saturday morning, my voice was returning and I could swallow softer foods.
    I'm not a huge fans of medications while pregnant, but I figure that they give this to new babies, so it's probably safer than being sick.

I'm at about 80% today, but it's a huge improvement. And I didn't miss more than an hour of work.

We have another appt and ultrasound on Friday. Our 5 yr old really wants to go, so we're taking him. we hope to be able to find out their genders with him there. Make it special for him. He starts kindergarten next week, so this is the best time to go... how am I going to handle that one?!?
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

Congrats to all the new ones. I, like Tara, have been horrible at keeping up. It's weird, last time I was pregnant we were like ten mums, and here there's so many! Crazy! Anyway, I am going to be better. Anyway, I had my 14 week ultrasound today and my midwife said that it's 85% certain it's a little girl. We're thrilled. I'd be happy with a boy too, I think it's just a relief knowing (and I kind of wanted another girl). I ordered a gorgeous quilted powder pink blanket when I got home. Now for the fun stuff... double buggies. Does anyone know of any good ones? I've looked at the Maclaren Techno Twin and Phil and Ted's Classic with this newborn flat pulldown thing.

Hope everyone is doing well!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Hi all - congrats to the berries that joined this thread! I had an appointment last week which went just fine. Am 18 weeks and I feel like I'm showing and gaining more weight sooner than I did the last time. I had a new nurse who like announced the weight from last time and the new weight and I was kind of mad. They usually know better than to utter a word around the scale!

I am very jealous that other people's health care providers are willing to mention gender before 20 weeks - here on the east coast in the US they refuse to say anything about ANYTHING during testing. They will tell you gender at 20 weeks so just 2 more weeks till we know at least. My son keeps saying he wants a sister so we'll see about that.

Ottilie - 2 girls sound so fun! Congratulations . 85% sure is pretty good in my book.

Greci - Yuck on amoxicillin, it always makes me queasy (as if you need that right now!). I suffered from repeated UTI's during my first pregnancy, so I was on and off antibiotics until they finally just put me on a low daily dose to keep things under control for the rest of the pregnancy. I wasn't a fan of the idea of all that medication, but it was definitely better than being sick (or you know, losing a kidney :P ) and thankfully DD doesn't seem to be any worse for the wear! I hope you're back to 100% very soon.

Otter - Yay for another girl!!! I'm actually ridiculously excited for you As for strollers - I've been eyeing up the Baby Jogger City Select. It's extremely versatile, and gets good ratings from what I've seen. Feel free to try it out for me, as I've only used a stroller a few times with Ivy, but am foreseeing an upcoming need!

hearts - The nerve of that nurse! I had one give me a half laugh at the scale toward the end of my first pregnancy, when I gained like 8 lbs in water weight over a couple of weeks. There was no look dirty enough for her.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Hearts; I'm 14 weeks and I'm showing when I wear tight fitting clothes. The body gives in way easier the second time... I don't mind though, I like my teeny little bump! Now starts the time when I'll have a seat on the tube... haha! That nurse sounds horrible, you should've punched her .

Tara; That Baby Jogger looks really nice actually! Much smaller than the Phil & Ted one. It's got excellent reviews too, and it comes in purple! I've started really loving the buggy... I still love all the cuddles, but I've started noticing that she's more interested in being "free", and doing her own thing.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]