Names Searched Right Now:
Page 38 of 247 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast
    I was browsing the March 2014 birth club on Babycenter, and someone posted a thing that's supposed to be like 95% accurate for gender prediction. Did you have an early ultrasound with your MW to determine the due date? If they gave you a pic, it might be fun to see if this ends up being accurate So, if the placenta is on the right, it's supposed to be a boy, on the left is a girl. That's for a transabdominal U/S. If you had to have the Horrible Who-Ha Wand from Hell, it would be reversed. I'm hoping my OB does an early one just so I can see if the theory proves true for us
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

I had mine at 8 weeks, is that early enough? If it is (and if the theory works out) I'm pretty sure I'm having a GIRL!!!!!!! Thanks, Tara! (and I had the good kind of u/s.)
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Speaking of who-ha wands....

There's been a little bit of scheduling confusion, but I *think* I'm getting my first u/s on Thursday to find out if I'm having twins or not! I will be right around 8 weeks. Should I expect an abdominal or vaginal experience? Is there a certain method they use at this stage or is it decided on a case-by-case basis?

I am sooooo tired of the transvag! While trying to muddle through all the endometriosis stuff, I had so many PAINFUL transvag exams and ultrasounds. Just trying to get mentally prepared if I've gotta sit for another one!

@tk: Are you talking about the Ramzi method? That looks interesting and it would be fun to see if it's accurate!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Eve, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora, Fawn
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Casper, Leopold

Tintri; I had an abdominal. She said we'd try that first, and if she couldn't find the heartbeat that she would do a transvaginal one. It's quite hard apparently at 8 weeks to find it with the abdominal one. But she did find it! With Roo I had the bad kind. I've got issues with foreign things down there, so I was really happy this time!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

otter - Oooh, I hope it IS a girl!! It would be so fun to have two of the same gender so close together

tintri - Thank you, it is the Ramzi method. We'll all have to compare for accuracy. As for the who-ha wands, I'm not sure what the standard is for 8 week ultrasounds. With Ivy, I had one to confirm how far along I was. I had a UTI at the time, and couldn't hold my pee for 2 hours or whatever it was, so they tried to do a transabdominal but had to go with transvag in the end. It sucked, but it was over pretty quickly. I'll cross my fingers for you that you can get by without it <3
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training