Names Searched Right Now:
Page 37 of 247 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast
    Congrats to carrotcoriander and kwicklychaotic

Greci - How cute is it that your son wants two little sisters?! So sweet. Yuck on the carseats expiring, those things are so darn expensive. We'll need a new infant seat, because I'm not lugging that giantly awkward Snugride around this time. Just getting it from the house to the car and back was difficult for me postpartum, and I'm not going to stick around the house until 8 weeks like I did last time We'll probably need a new stroller, too, because I have to use both hands and a leg to get it to open/close, and even then it doesn't work half the time. It is evil, and was a waste of $100. I can't imagine having to buy two of everything!

Otter - Eek, I wish I could think of some sweet reasons to find out the gender, but everything I'm coming up with would probably count as bullying. Really though, if you and Husband are going to have a busload of munchkins, why not try a different approach this time, just for funsies?
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; March 31st, 2014 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    @TK & Greci, about the carseats, I gave up on the seats that you lug in and out of the car and went to a convertible seat (which they can use until they are 30 pounds). The seat stays in the car all the time, and I keep a light stroller in the trunk to use instead of lugging that big, bulky carseat all over the place. If you get a stroller with a little basket in the bottom, you can still do light shopping, and no trying to balance a carseat on/in a shopping cart.
    We may ultimately end up doing the same. I use slings about 95% of the time anyway, but it's so nice with a newborn to be able to just leave them in it if they're sleeping. Plus, there's the ordeal of having to try to get my toddler in the car while holding a baby or trying to get the toddler not to run into the street while I get the newborn in. If we're able to swing a van before new baby comes, I'll probably just go straight to a convertible, because then the toddler can just run around the van while I get the newb situated.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Quote Originally Posted by saracita00 View Post
    @TK & Greci, about the carseats, I gave up on the seats that you lug in and out of the car and went to a convertible seat (which they can use until they are 30 pounds). The seat stays in the car all the time, and I keep a light stroller in the trunk to use instead of lugging that big, bulky carseat all over the place. If you get a stroller with a little basket in the bottom, you can still do light shopping, and no trying to balance a carseat on/in a shopping cart.
    I don't know what we'll do for the simple fact that I'll be dealing with 2. If it were 1, I'd be all over it. Our daycare likes the carriers because if she needs to run an errand, and it's ok with Mom, then she can just take the baby and go. Or if we have to leave very quickly, we can call ahead and she has the baby ready. I think our Step 2 seats are actually good for another year or so. And the boosters last 10 years.

So if you use the convertible car seats, what kind of stroller do you use for a tiny baby? Mine doesn't seem enclosed enough to work (we bought it when Weston was 18 months old.)

Another problem for us? We haven't measured to see if we have room in either car for 2 car seats and a booster. OMG.... I'm going to have another car payment.

On a Happy note - I had my blood pressure check today, and it was great! And my bff had her baby girl 2+ weeks early last night. Baby Kendall Denise (MN after grandma who passed) is doing fantastic at 7.3 pounds! She joins 3 brothers: Parker, Kain, and Carson.
    Mom to:
    Weston Christopher, July 2008
    Keegan Nathaniel,
    Dec. 12, 2013
    Sebastian Miller,
    Dec. 12, 2013

Current loves:
    ~ Emerson ~ Eden ~ Rosalind ~ Caroline ~ Matilda ~ Gemma ~

~ Landon ~ Kellan ~ Asher ~ Griffin ~ Archer ~ Edison ~ Holden ~ Harrison ~ Elliot ~

Greci; yay for good bloodpressure! And congrats on friend's baby! I can't imagine having twins. It sounds great, and the whole 2 in 1 thing is neat, but then there are things that sound worse! Like the car and seat thing. Oh my! Our car has room for three children in seats in the back, I'm happy about that. Like Tara I wear the sling a lot, but when we move we'll need to go in the car to get places.

I'm going to try to reason with Husband, or pray for the baby to flash us. This feels like an un-coy baby, flashing sounds right up it's alley. But I've got until mid September to convince him! I told him today about all the little cute boys outfits I've seen, hoping things like that might make him want to know!

Hope everyone is doing great!!!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]