Names Searched Right Now:
Page 26 of 247 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast
    Oh, no, that sounds terrible! I never had that with Roo... or this one (knock on wood!). But these are classic remedies:

- Drink lots of water and gentles teas, such as camomile.
    - Don't eat dairy products (except for yogurt), dried fruit or spicy food.
    - Eat foods like bananas, potatoes, cooked carrots, toast, and soups (especially blueberry soup).
    - Pepto-Bismol!!!!

I hope you'll feel better soon, and good luck in the new job!
    Last edited by ottilie; June 30th, 2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: added something...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Mrs. H, you could try the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast). Just be careful because it can take you too far the other direction.
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Thanks for the tips. I have had an uneventful few hours. Yay! I still feel like a dadgum wreck of fatigue and general stomach disquiet tho. Now having pangs of nausea.

Could there possibly be a worse time to start a new job? Seriously.

I am gonna play it by ear and if I feel like I need to be honest with them, I am just gonna be. That way maybe they will be sympathetic instead of just annoyed or concerned.

Luckily I live less than a mile from the office. I was gonna walk but for now I will drive so I can easily escape home for bathroom trips if needed. I am so fortunate it's that close. Somebody's looking out for me. :-)

Thanks again!

@mrs H, just wanted to mention Not to take pepto bismol... It contains aspirin which is contraindicated in pregnancy.

I have been having some bowel issues myself in these early weeks. Bland foods....dry toast, saltine crackers etc are likely your best bet.
    Good luck with your new job!!

Bostonsavvy - Congrats and welcome!

Missus - That's so rotten for you! Especially with the new job! I've been experiencing something similar, albeit a bit milder than yours sounds. Whit's suggestion is a good one. I've been inhaling bananas, and it's helped. It's also a good practice for me to get into, because I had really bad leg/foot cramps last time, and eating a couple of bananas a day was the only thing that helped!

No other symptoms here right now, so just kind of enjoying the calm before the storm I did schedule DH and I for a "Meet the Midwives" night on July 10th, as I am considering having this kiddo at the new birthing center as opposed to the hospital where I had Ivy. Our family doctor shares the building, and I've become pretty comfortable with the ladies, since we're always there for either myself or Ivy. I have reservations, and am not completely sold on an out-of-hospital birth, but we'll see how it goes!
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training