Names Searched Right Now:
Page 24 of 247 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast
    I told my Mum this morning. Not because I wanted to, I had to. Crazy woman has already started planning Christmas, and wants us to come to Norway. Which normally I'd love, but I can't get on a plane seven and a half months pregnant (or however far along I'll be). I tried to get out of it, because with the new house and it being Roo's first noël, I kind of wanted to spend it in our home this year. But woman is crafty, she brought up all kinds of counter arguments to mine, so in the end I told her. Yeah, she said she already knew. Figured it out last weekend when they were here for Roo's nameday. I swear my mother is evil. Anyway, she said she was happy for us. I told her not to spread the news though (except for my dad of course) but I think I'll have to tell my siblings now, my mother was not made to keep secrets. Especially about grandchildren.

On another note; vomiting has ceased!!! Still nauseous, but I can keep food down. I lost quite a bit of weight over the last couple of weeks, and I've felt extreme fatigue (having one baby eating off you and one in the tummy and not being able to eat or hold down hardly any food was difficult) but I feel better today. I had a classic Italian breakfast, and now lunch (spaghetti with oil and garlic, yummy!) and it's stayed down. Yay!

Three more days until midwife appointment!!!!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

@tvland: Since we lost our first pregnancy, I needed moral support right away this time around. Also, my husband and I learned the hard way that yes, it sucks to have to tell people who are excited for you that you've lost the baby - BUT - you need them anyway when things goes wrong so it ends up being a good thing. Not sure I'm explaining that well but what I mean is, we were happy to tell our parents immediately because even if something does go wrong again and we lose the baby, we're going to need their support in that case too. Does that make sense? Same reason I told a few of my closest friends right away too. I needed them encouraging me that things would be good this time, and I needed them to turn to when I was really upset and freaking out. So all of our closest friends and family knew pretty early. People outside of our inner circle found out when we announced to the world at the 13 week mark (via phone calls and FB), after we got a healthy scan at the OB and knew the first trimester was over. Honestly, after losing the last one, I was still really nervous to tell the world. It was super scary - but with hubby and family's encouragement, I went for it and now I'm glad everyone knows. It's definitely a personal decision but that's my two cents! Good luck!

ETA: We told my hubby's sisters right away because they're very close and they are super sweet and loving. I waited to tell my brothers because we are not close at all and I knew they would just feel awkward - I don't turn to them for support for that kind of stuff. So it really varies based on the person and your relationship with them!
    Last edited by cvdutch31; June 29th, 2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!

I guess this board is for me now! :0 can't believe it! Just tested and got a positive! Still feeling numb- happy, excited, nervous, and scared about things that can go wrong this early! So so so nervous! Nice to have a support group here though!

Congrats Boston! Very excited for you!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Eve, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora, Fawn
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Casper, Leopold

@bostonsavvy: YAAAAAY! So your spotting was implantation bleeding? I'm so happy for you!!!!! Congrats and enjoy every second!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!