Names Searched Right Now:
Page 10 of 247 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    missusaytch: I'm so excited for you. It looks like we have several ladies who have overcame conditions which made conception difficult on this board, which just makes it all the more exciting. Good luck, take care of yourself, and of course a big congratulations!

And of course congrats to abby and lark as well!

I had my first appointment yesterday and all I got to do was talk to the nurse and the doctor to get my records all in order, no tests or anything, not even any confirmation of how far along I am. At least I have some orders for my fasting labs on drop in and I finally get my ultrasound on Monday morning, it's terrible not knowing anything at all about this pregnancy so far! I agree hearts_n_stars, I can't wait for my second trimester.

I have a question for y'all. I called my doc and set up an appt. The soonest they could get me in was the second week in July, 3 weeks away, at which point I'll be around 7 wks.

I'm using OTC progesterone cream. I don't know if it's doing all that needs to be done for my progesterone level. I am just wondering if I should call and see if they could get me into the lab for blood work, beta hcg and progesterone, or if it's not that big a deal? I'm having mild cramping but no spotting and using the cream twice a day just to be safe. I don't want to be a worry wart, but I don't want to be negligent either.

Did y'all go in for a blood hcg test? Is that the norm or do some people just wait for the first scan? I thought it was a little weird the nurse didn't mention it. I am thinking of calling tomorrow and asking them about it.

Thanks!

Mrs. H, I also have PCOS, and my fertility doc's office had me come in once a week or so to check my beta levels and progesterone. I had to be on progesterone vaginal suppositories to keep my progesterone levels where they needed to be. I took them until 10 weeks gestation, which is when the baby starts to produce its own progesterone, and doesn't need it as bad from you. Good luck! I'll be praying that this pregnancy goes well!
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Hi missusaytch, I don't know anything about PCOS or how it effects progesterone levels, but I really think that you should never feel hesitant to ask your doctor if you are concerned, especially with a possibly risky condition. Better to be safe than sorry, and they won't think it's weird or anything, it's their job to make sure all of your questions are answered.

To answer your other question, yes, a blood hCG level test is on my lab order, they don't know how far along I am yet (either 7 or 11 weeks), and my second appointment is in 4 weeks, but they said to stop by the lab after fasting and come in for a bunch of tests including blood hCG well before my appointment because they want all of that info to discuss at the appointment/to check that things are going well.

Quote Originally Posted by andieta View Post
    I am highly unlikely to join this thread, but I just want to say that all the happy news here makes me so happy! Congratulations to each and every one of you! Hoping for healthy and uneventful pregnancies!
    Ditto. I've only got one more try before I'll have to start another thread for babies due April-June! But I'm really so very happy for all your wonderful BFPs! Hopefully many more of us can join you next month (Andie and myself included)!
    TTC #1

Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Jane - Margaret - Susannah - Violet

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter