Names Searched Right Now:
Page 67 of 247 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 ... LastLast
    Edited for privacy.
    Last edited by saracita00; March 31st, 2014 at 02:53 PM.

Just chiming in here to say that I completely understand all of you ladies who have a boy name (or are at least close), but seem lost when it comes to a name for a girl! I think I have just felt so strongly from the start that this one is a boy, I haven't wanted to put the energy into trying to find a name for a girl. I go in the middle of September for my 20w scan and I am hoping we can find out the gender. I don't see how people can wait until they have their child to find out, I am going nuts waiting this long.

Other than that, everything seems to be going pretty smoothly. I'm trying to enjoy this time right now between the morning sickness of first trimester and the being huge and miserable of third trimester. I'm not really showing much at all, which kind of surprises me because I am pretty skinny. I think it must just be because this is my first. I am 16w 5d right now! It seems like the past few weeks have flown by. I can't wait to start feeling this little one move around.
    Step-Mother to three lovely children - Josiah Lewis (14), Stella Evangeline (8), and Emma Catherine (4)

Expecting Baby Chicken on February 3, 2014
    It's a boy!
    Rhys Andrew, Milo Andrew, Conrad Henry, or August Henry/August Charles

saracita - That quote is amazing. Her eldest must be cut from the same cloth as mine. I'm reading the blog now, and it's always encouraging to hear from moms with a take on life like hers.

cora - It's actually weird that we agreed so quickly on a boy name, as we never could come up with one during the first pregnancy! Have you already shared the name and I'm forgetting? At least you don't have long to go before you get to find out whether you get to use it I hope you're enjoying the not showing at almost 17 weeks, because it's sure as heck not happening here on Baby #2! I've got to go buy some new maternity pants, pronto, because all the bands are so stretched out from being gigantic at the end of the first pregnancy :/
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Hearts; you'll find out soon! How exciting!

Tara; I'm glad baby's good! I go in every other week to check baby's heartbeat and I would freak out if my midwife couldn't find it. So your baby's an active one! Do you have a feeling whether it's a boy or a girl yet? Potty training sounds horrible. I don't know how you do it, but my friend just put the little potty in the bedroom next to the big loo and her daughter became interested. Whenever she did a wee, her mum gave her a sweet (I know, but it worked!). Good luck with the next attempt!

Sara; the second trimester really is heaven. I hope you'll feel better soon! And I love that quote, need to read that article.

Cora; I was very slender before I got pregnant (7 stone/98 pounds), but I didn't show until late. Before this pregnancy I was 8 stone (110 pounds), and I starting showing at 12-13 weeks. I can still wear my regular clothes that aren't too tight (bye bye gorgeous fitted leather dress!), and I've done lots of shopping for pretty maternity clothes.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Agh, Ivy did the same thing at our first appointment with her, so at least I was semi-prepared for it. It was several minutes of waiting for them to go get the U/S machine, and I don't think I've ever been so relieved as when we saw her bouncing around on the screen! At least this time it only took 30 seconds or so to find the U/S machine! For potty learning, we went with the "Oh, crap!" method, because it's fairly in line with our parenting as a whole. It's one that starts with a naked day and focuses on watching for cues, then reinforcing/bring a heightened awareness. I believe her wording is that you want to help guide the child from "clueless" to "I peed" to "I'm peeing" to "I have to pee". I wish I would have attempted to train her several months ago when she was initially interested. I feel like I missed that window where she would've been less frustrated/more motivated. Kudos to your friend for finding something that works. I'm definitely a "whatever works for the parent/kid" type of person when it comes to parenting, but I know a reward method would only result in power struggles with this kid's personality. For now, we've decided to work on manipulating her own clothing (a double-edged sword if ever there was one!) and brainwashing her with Elmo's "Potty Time" special. Also, can I just say that it is the cutest thing ever to hear her yell "BYE BYE PEEEEEE!" when we flush the toilet? Parenting has done strange things to me, I tell you.

I'm looking forward to getting to the 15/16 week mark for a couple of reasons. A) I want to be rid of the completely rid of the exhaustion and the occasional bouts of nausea that send me running for the loo at the playground. Ivy is terrified of those park bathrooms, and frankly, they only make me vomit more! B) I want it to be obvious that I'm pregnant and not just bloated beyond belief/packing on pounds. Right now I'm in that space where people who know me well would be fairly certain I was pregnant, but others wouldn't be sure. I've been out of my normal pants for weeks now though!
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training