Names Searched Right Now:
Page 191 of 247 FirstFirst ... 91 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 241 ... LastLast
    Thanks ladies.
    @sara, I had a doula for my first birth and while she was incredibly sweet and it was nice to have the support she was very timid with the medical staff so not very much in the way of advocating for me. My husband tries but is also extremely non-medical and gets overwhelmed quickly with medical things.

I have recently bought a hypnobirthing book and am going to download the relaxation CD tonight. I'm hopeful this will help on some level. I will also share with my husband and doctor my concerns. I do think this mostly stems from the issues I had with my previous birth. I have not addressed this with my current health provider yet (I switched as soon as I found out I was pregnant this time) and think it will help once she knows.

I certainly would not call this anxiety crippling but it is distracting and I want positive vibes going into this birth, not fearful vibes! I appreciate the support and will let you know if I find the hypnobirthing info helpful.

Thanks ladies.
    @sara, I had a doula for my first birth and while she was incredibly sweet and it was nice to have the support she was very timid with the medical staff so not very much in the way of advocating for me. My husband tries but is also extremely non-medical and gets overwhelmed quickly with medical things.

I have recently bought a hypnobirthing book and am going to download the relaxation CD tonight. I'm hopeful this will help on some level. I will also share with my husband and doctor my concerns. I do think this mostly stems from the issues I had with my previous birth. I have not addressed this with my current health provider yet (I switched as soon as I found out I was pregnant this time) and think it will help once she knows.

I certainly would not call this anxiety crippling but it is distracting and I want positive vibes going into this birth, not fearful vibes! I appreciate the support and will let you know if I find the hypnobirthing info helpful.

Hello all!!

Just a quick check in! Had my shower today and it turned out beautiful!!! I have this awful anxiety though. We bought A crib and had close family that got us a travel system and a convertible carseat. My aunt got us a crib mattress and sheets, and a changing pad and cover. There were a TON of gifts at the shower. Tons of clothes, a really nice video monitor, I honestly don't even remember half of what we got! But we are still missing some big stuff! A glider, and a swing are the biggest things. We also didnt get any diapers. But my MIL talked to me and gave us two options. Either 6 months of a cloth diaper service or a year of Costco diapers, and a diaper genie. I'm just feeling overwhelmed! So silly!!! But ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by babylove14 View Post
    Hello all!!

Just a quick check in! Had my shower today and it turned out beautiful!!! I have this awful anxiety though. We bought A crib and had close family that got us a travel system and a convertible carseat. My aunt got us a crib mattress and sheets, and a changing pad and cover. There were a TON of gifts at the shower. Tons of clothes, a really nice video monitor, I honestly don't even remember half of what we got! But we are still missing some big stuff! A glider, and a swing are the biggest things. We also didnt get any diapers. But my MIL talked to me and gave us two options. Either 6 months of a cloth diaper service or a year of Costco diapers, and a diaper genie. I'm just feeling overwhelmed! So silly!!! But ugh!
    You are way ahead of the game pal. We don't have a glider (it would be nice but its not really necessary) we just went out before our first was born & bought a $20 rocking chair from a thrift store. Our swing with Azula was a hand-me-down (we gave it back when she grew out of it) but you can find some decent ones used on Craigslist or whatever, usually the fabric part comes off so you can throw it in the wash & its just like new - only cheaper!
    Totally your call what to do on the diaper front (hi five your MIL, that is an awesome gift BTW), we tried cloth for a while but it was a lot of work (we were washing them ourselves, it would be easier if you used a service). Ours were Bummis prefold hybrid diapers, and I found some of the prefold pads went mouldy & my baby would stay wetter overnight than with disposables. They were fine for days just hanging around the house though. If it were me I'd take the years supply of disposables (I never thought I'd say that until I was changing - and washing - umpteen diapers a day).
    New username is @ truenature

Quote Originally Posted by katieydenberg View Post
    You are way ahead of the game pal. We don't have a glider (it would be nice but its not really necessary) we just went out before our first was born & bought a $20 rocking chair from a thrift store. Our swing with Azula was a hand-me-down (we gave it back when she grew out of it) but you can find some decent ones used on Craigslist or whatever, usually the fabric part comes off so you can throw it in the wash & its just like new - only cheaper!
    Totally your call what to do on the diaper front (hi five your MIL, that is an awesome gift BTW), we tried cloth for a while but it was a lot of work (we were washing them ourselves, it would be easier if you used a service). Ours were Bummis prefold hybrid diapers, and I found some of the prefold pads went mouldy & my baby would stay wetter overnight than with disposables. They were fine for days just hanging around the house though. If it were me I'd take the years supply of disposables (I never thought I'd say that until I was changing - and washing - umpteen diapers a day).
    I am feeling better now! I got home with all the stuff and my mom, hubby, and I went through all of what we got. Found we got about $200 in gift cards and a check, and also another $100 or so in things to return. So that should buy the rest of what we need! Not sure what were doing about diapers. I am going to ask MIL wht the options were again and look into the cloth diapering. Not sure how diapering service actually works. We looked into cloth diapering but then decided it was too much extra work, and we would just do disposables. But the issue with disposables is that I'm my sure how reliable my MIL would be about keeping up with that. Either way it is a really awesome gift for sure!! Seeing all the stuff in the room, even though its such a mess right now, is making me really excited for this little boy to be here! Lots to do though! We are in a one bedroom and so I am having some issues currently with space and storage! Can't wait to nest to my hearts content and get everything into their proper places!