Names Searched Right Now:
Page 101 of 247 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
    Ugh, sorry so many people are headachy/sick/having back problems Hope you all feel better SOON!

Can't remember who asked (Sara?), but for our gender reveal with my daughter, I made a card for the ultrasound tech to circle whether it was a boy or girl, sealed up the envelope, and opened it later that night with some of our family. So we didn't know when we left the ultrasound, we waited to find out with our families. We had a blue balloon and a pink one, and popped the blue so only the pink was left. Not a huge party or anything, I think it was just my parents, their significant others, and my sister, plus us! We had some cake and a couple little decorations. But our families thought it was cute since they had never heard of it before. Now that stuff is all over Pinterest, but 2 years ago I don't think I knew Pinterest existed! This time I think we are going to put blue balloons in a box that says Boy or Girl (or maybe Brother or Sister?) and let Ellison open it. It's not very original but I think she will think it's fun! It seems a little less exciting this time since we won't be getting surprised, but my family is kind of expecting us to do something, so we will throw it together in the next couple days.

I'll add my crazy mother to the over-shoppers club. She has a full nursery for my daughter at her house (probably nicer than ours), a jogging stroller, car seat, pack n' play, high chair, zillions of toys, and seriously...an entire wardrobe. She buys things and rather than giving them to us like a normal person, she keeps them at her house. So she has all these clothes over there that Ellison has worn maybe once, or not at all. She watches her about once a week. Last winter she bought a separate winter coat for her house, and she will often change Ellison's clothes when she watches her just because. It drives me crazy! She used to give us a lot of clothes too but she doesn't as much anymore. Her and her boyfriend spoil the pants off Ellison, it makes my husband a little nuts. I have to remind him all the time that it's stuff we don't have to buy. Example, we have never bought any Stride Rite shoes, which would be expensive for us, but Ellison's had about 10 different pairs because they buy them for her and actually let her wear them home! So it's nice to get stuff, but she tends to overstep her bounds majorly...
    Kennedi

Married to Jason (10/24/09)

Mommy to Ellison Katea (2/17/12)

Expecting Kellen James - due 3/5/14!

Oh, wow, everyone is sick! No fun at all I hope everybody gets to feeling better soon. I know what you guys mean though, about feeling like you're letting down the older child because you're laid out in bed. It's the worst. I'm currently lucky, in that my only stomach problems revolve around me choosing awful combinations of things to eat and then, ahem, paying the price....

[edited]
    Last edited by tk.; September 29th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Oh my gosh Tara, that is over the top! I have three MIL's... My husband's birth mother (who he is still in contact with), adoptive mother and step mother (seeing as his parents are now divorced and remarried). Luckily all of them except the birth mother are reasonably sane and the birth mother now lives overseas. My husband's adoptive mum's main irritating quirk is that she turns up on our doorstep unannounced (she lives a 4 hr drive away) and then gets annoyed if we're out! In laws, hey! It's funny the family we acquire through falling in love with our husbands or partners. I do like them really.
    Mother to two lovely kiddos, Mila Arden and Cato Bennett

Currently dreaming of...
    Atlas Calloway, Atlas Bram, Atlas Octavian
    Lyra Marigold, Lyra Blythe, Lyra Clementine

Hello All!

Love hearing your funny mother in law stories! Too funny!

I have my 16 week apt. Later this afternoon. I am really nervous this time for some reason. They told me after my first apt that I never had fifths disease as a child (pretty common, like chicken pox I guess). Well the kids I watch showed signs sort of similar to this and of course it freaked me out. I called the dr about it yesterday and they said if I did have it that there is nothing they can do, but thy may want to send me to a high risk ultrasound tech for my 20 wk apt. So just hearing 'high risk' was enough to send me into a sobbing frenzy. It's silly because the risks are so low. They probably didnt even have fifths. If they did, it doesn't mean I will get it. If I did get it there's only 1/3 chance of the baby getting it, and if so, only a 10% chance that it would cause something like a miscarriage. Someone tell me I am overreacting please?!

Mila - Oh wow, 3 MILs. Even if they were all best possible scenario types, that's a lot! 4 hours without warning? Yikes. My MIL doesn't quite show up unannounced, but she does take radio silence as acquiescence, and will show up if we don't pick up the phone.

Babylove - You might be overreacting, but I probably would be too, if that's any comfort. I've never even heard of fifths disease?! I hope that a perfectly normal 16 week appointment puts your mind at ease

ETA: Mila, I like that you qualified it all with "I really do like them". Hahaha. I guess I should mention that my MIL and I really do get along most of the time, it's just that major events bring out the crazy. I grew up with a crazy control freak step-mom, so I've already had my share, thank you very much.
    Last edited by tk.; September 25th, 2013 at 04:12 PM.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training