Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lola

Lola

What comes to mind when you picture a Lola? I think it's adorable on a baby or little girl- I can totally picture a little redhead tomboy named Lola! But what about an adult? I just can't picture an older, smart, successfull woman named Lola! Can you? I love the vintage cute feel and I think it fits with our other boys and girls names (Liam, Callen, Merrick, Flynn, Declan, Rhett, Macoy, Cora and ivy).

What do you think of the name, and how do you picture a little miss Lola?

The only Lola I've ever know was my creative writing teacher's dog. She was a really cute dog, though! Sorry. Maybe you could use Lola as a nickname for something. I've known a Laura who was called Lo for short. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure other berries will have suggestions.

Okay, so Lola is usually a nickname for Dolores. Not my fave. Madonna's daughter Lourdes is also apparently called Lola for short. I always thought Lourdes was a really interesting name, but I don't know if it's too associated with her that anyone who used it would hear "oh, like Madonna's kid" a billion times a day.

So my best mate had a little girl Lola 6 weeks ago. A girl after 2 boys. From all accounts she is a sweet, placid, cuddly little girl. But she's only 6 weeks! My friend has definitely had a mixed response to the name. I think it has a pretty sound - and I am calling her Lollipop . What I truly dislike about the name is its meaning - "lady of sorrows" - I think that is terrible! No one has referred to the Madonna's kid link but a lot have linked it to Lolita - which my friend hates. Oh and she's a Lola Rose which I think is doubly cute.

Sorry I don't think that helped! But a pretty name with a terrible meaning!
    Mummy to the gorgeous Alice Heather and the delicious Harry George

Bubba #3 due March 2014! Finalising short list of favourite names!

Lola is nice name, but read somewhere that Lola is strongly perceived as prostitute name and it's strongly linked to Lolita.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country