Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Adult Clover?

Clover is alright as a middle name. Put something more traditional in the first name spot to balance it out. You could still call her Clover.

lol... Clover Elizabeth is pretty
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

The Lord Mayor of Sydney is a Clover. A lot of people around here when asked about the name go "well I don't like her..." but the name itself doesn't sound any more childish to me than Violet or Lily, which is to say not really.

In terms of eccentric flowers I somewhat prefer Briar, but the complaint about Briar is usually it sounds masculine, not babyish. Clover doesn't sound babyish to me, it just sounds like at worst it might get bundled in with Chloe.

This is what I think about whenever I hear of Clover as a name: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clover_(manga)

I think it's fine on a fictional character, but on a person it's better in the middle spot.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Nathaniel

Pinterest | Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I have a hard time picturing an adult Britney or Katie even though they're everywhere. Clover sounds more mature than a lot of the cutesy names that people use.

Shea * Jade * Azure * Fox * Greer * Blaise
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden