Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Hello, might you happen to be in or near Ann Arbor? I ask because my daughter's name is Mira, and as a new mom I have also met an Ansel and Finneas, and given the uniqueness of those names, spellings, and that you are in the midwest, I thought I'd ask. Regardless, glad you like Mira! Out of curiosity, how do you think it is pronounced?

I have heard two Mira's born this year where I work, and I know someone with a 4 year old mira, they pronounce it Meer-ah. I think its such a pretty name without be girly-frilly.
    Maybe I am a name nerd
    Edmund & Henry
    First born & brother from a furry mother

No surprises here except Brantley (?) and Emerson for girls (despicable). Love Desmond, Viola, and Lucille!

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Hello, might you happen to be in or near Ann Arbor? I ask because my daughter's name is Mira, and as a new mom I have also met an Ansel and Finneas, and given the uniqueness of those names, spellings, and that you are in the midwest, I thought I'd ask. Regardless, glad you like Mira! Out of curiosity, how do you think it is pronounced?
    No, I'm a bit south of Michigan! Must be a trend in the midwest! I pronounce Mira as mee-ra. It is also one of my best friend's name. It's gorgeous!
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

Thank you. We also pronounce it Mee-ra, but have been surprised that several people think it is Mai-ra. Her middle name is Lucia, pronounced the Italian way (Lu-chee-a).