Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Locklin?

Redwoofey, you got several names on our list of love, but can't use! We love Bronwen (unusable with our last name), Elowen, Piper, Ashlin/Ashlon. Blythe is a FAVORITE of mine, but not on our list.

My older daughter's name is Rowen. I have a thing about needing an "o" in the name. Our son's name is Colt(on).

Elowen Laurel (I think Elowen might be too close to Rowen, but she would inevitably be nn'ed Ellie.)

Ashlon Laurel

Cameron Laurel

Ellison?
    Auberon?
    Adalon?
    Evolen?
    Lindon?
    Avalon?

This is the direction we are headed, but haven't found one to stick...have a favorite or a suggestion based on this info?

Wooo I love Avalon and it would most definitely be my top pick for you guys. Unisex and reminisent of popular favourites such are Ava or Addison with a twist.

Possible suggestions:

Maren
    Ffion
    Aeron
    Romy
    Addison

Are you hoping to have an en/on ending?
    I would suggest you keep to the most accepted spelling as names (Lachlan or Evelyn etc) simply because you other children have names spelt in the normal way so Evolen would stand out alot.

Emilylou,

I love Addison and Avalon too, but both have been vetoed by my husband. I think if I can get him past the car reference, he might like Avalon though.

The more common spelling of "Rowen" is "Rowan". My daughter is "Rowen"...which is why I thought the Evolen might match. In my mind, Evolen is an option whereas Evelyn is not...simply because of the "o". So if "Evolen" is a hokey spelling, I'll go a different direction. I might research Old Welsh spellings...seems like "Evolen" would fit right in!

Emilylou,

I love Addison and Avalon too, but both have been vetoed by my husband. I think if I can get him past the car reference, he might like Avalon though.

The more common spelling of "Rowen" is "Rowan". My daughter is "Rowen"...which is why I thought the Evolen might match. In my mind, Evolen is an option whereas Evelyn is not...simply because of the "o". So if "Evolen" is a hokey spelling, I'll go a different direction. I might research Old Welsh spellings...seems like "Evolen" would fit right in!

Also, I don't HAVE to have an en/on ending. Colton goes by Colt so I don't find it necessary, but I would like the "o" somewhere in the name.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Lochlan/Lachlan is a boys name only. It's not unisex.
    This. Please don't use Locking. Elowen is beautiful.
    ]

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Annabel, Rosalind, Ivy, Alice, Lilia, Rosabel, Victoria, Faye, Anastasia, Molly.
    Charlie, Noah, Arthur, William, Dexter, Henry, Luca, Ethan, Samuel, Isaac, Finn.