Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Yes, I do know how to pronounce it (shiv-AWN), and I thought most people knew, at least here in England.
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Here in the midwest US we don't (or at least I don't and I know more name stuff than most people around here haha)
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

Yes - "shi-vawn"
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

Here in Canada, I feel like the majority of adults have come across the name before, but most children and adolescents wouldn't know the correct pronunciation (Shiv-awn) unless they know someone with the name, which is rather unlikely as it isn't very common. It really depends on where you are; I know it is much more known in the UK then North America. Canada is somewhere in between the UK and US, I would imagine.
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

Depends on where you are. If people go with Sean in your area, chances are it wil be fine. If it's mostly Shawn or Sean, you might be out of luck. But, once you give someone the correct pronunciation, chances are they will remember it.