Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thatkathryngirl View Post
    We wouldn't want to anyway, but we couldn't use any name that starts with "Mc" or that sound (Michaela, McKenzie, etc.) because we have a "Mc" last name. I also wouldn't use any name that could easily be misconstrued as a last name as a first name, especially for a boy, because our last name is so common as a girl's given name now that when people read it they sometimes just automatically say it the other way around. Like, once I got a call from my daughter's doctor's office and the nurse I was speaking to asked if I was Mc____'s mom (and she doesn't even have a last name first name!) It's not a terrible mistake when it's a girl, but I could imaging it being embarrassing for a little boy in school to accidentally be called "McKenzie Jackson" instead of "Jackson McKenzie", for example.
    This happens regularly to a friend of mine called Morgan Susan. Poor guy, he's just learned to answer to Susan now.

Meredith - serious drama attached
    Any name with an "st" or "sh" sound, as it goes terribly with our last name, Estes. So no Esther, Asher, West, etc.

Laura & Derek

Beatrix - Camille/a - Eleanor (Lena) - Isla - Lila - Leonie - Margot
    Arthur - Clark - Gabriel - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd

Guilty Pleasures:
    Andromeda - Lúthien - Vesper - Zephyr

Well just going off of my last name now; which I am pretty sure will be the last name I have when I have kids as well, as I don't really plan to ever get married; anyway, based off of my last name, all B names are out, or most of them at least. Certain ones fit, but some like Bethany (don't like anyway) just would be too much. I also have a lot of of names that family/friends already have, that I'd feel weird using. I LOVE Seraphina, but I have a family member named Sarah, and that's just too close to me. I LOVE Camilla, but I have a Camille in my family, so that's out. I like Addison, but there is both a Madison and a Allison in my family already; also gets rid if Madeline. Another name I like is Guinevere, but there is a Gwen. I like Blair as a middle name, but that names is taken already. And the only boy name I can think of that is unusable due to family is Bradley, which i liked for a little while, because there are a couple names that are very close to this one. Oh and I LOVE Michael, as common as it is, but there are 3 Michaels in my extended family. So yeah, I think that's it. And the only family names I'm okay with using, are grandparents names or great-grandparents. I think anything else I would avoid.
    If I had a baby right now, I'd name it,
    Scarlett Amelia or Emerson Joseph.
    I also like Cashel, Gabriel, Genevieve, & Juliette. + So much more.
    I'm Ashley btw, and I'm 19!
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9822324

I would never have used a name of an old flame or any of my husband exes. Also, any name that has made really negative headlines. Basically, you always want positive events/people associated with the name you choose for your child. And I like to honor relatives by using their names as middle or even first names, unless their names have been already used by other close family members. It is one of the funnest things in life to choose a name for your kid

My biggest guilty pleasure which I couldn't use because it doesn't work with last name, is not my normal classic style, and is out of the sibset pattern I have planned is the lovely Sophronia Charlotte Elise.
    ~Mehri

My partner suggested Rose to me once, and I do like it, but I was close to someone who miscarried with the plan to give the baby this name. So it is off the table.
    mother told me never to share a name before i used it.