Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by thatkathryngirl View Post
    We wouldn't want to anyway, but we couldn't use any name that starts with "Mc" or that sound (Michaela, McKenzie, etc.) because we have a "Mc" last name. I also wouldn't use any name that could easily be misconstrued as a last name as a first name, especially for a boy, because our last name is so common as a girl's given name now that when people read it they sometimes just automatically say it the other way around. Like, once I got a call from my daughter's doctor's office and the nurse I was speaking to asked if I was Mc____'s mom (and she doesn't even have a last name first name!) It's not a terrible mistake when it's a girl, but I could imaging it being embarrassing for a little boy in school to accidentally be called "McKenzie Jackson" instead of "Jackson McKenzie", for example.
    This happens regularly to a friend of mine called Morgan Susan. Poor guy, he's just learned to answer to Susan now.

Meredith - serious drama attached
    Any name with an "st" or "sh" sound, as it goes terribly with our last name, Estes. So no Esther, Asher, West, etc.

Laura & Derek

Beatrix - Camille/a - Eleanor (Lena) - Isla - Lila - Leonie - Margot
    Arthur - Clark - Gabriel - Graham - Locke/Lachlan - Shepherd

Guilty Pleasures:
    Andromeda - Lúthien - Vesper - Zephyr