Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Elena. Love it. Adore it. But it's got family drama attached to it. No can do.

Aviva. Change one letter and its the future surname. Definitely off the table.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

Assuming I keep my maiden name, or hyphenate (as I plan to) when I eventually settle down in the distant future, I'll want my kid to have the same. So no LONG LONG first names, then, relegating classic favourites like Elizabeth, Katherine, Victoria and Margaret to the middle spot. Then I refuse to use something I know someone else has used, meaning if my brothers or a close friend uses a name, it's off the table. I don't really talk names with anyone, so I'm hoping this won't happen.
    Becky
    Just a 16 year old girl obsessed with names and naming things not yet here.

Alice Jayne | Azalea Juliet | Charlotte Ophelia
    Elizabeth Blythe | Poppy Artemis

Archer William | Henry Tobias | Leo Alexander
    Rowan Elijah | Theodore Michael

I can't use Emmeline or Gemma because my cousins name is Emma. Normally I wouldn't hesitate to use a name even if it was close to another family members but my sister and this cousin were born exactly five months apart (my sister being first born). My sister was supposed to be named Emily but my aunt and uncle made such a fuss because it was too close to the name they had picked out if their baby was a girl so my parents had to change it last minute and she ended up with this horribly trendy first name. It caused so much drama that I'm afraid to stir it up again even though Emma is now a teenager and would probably be flattered if I named my kid Emmeline/Gemma.

Right now I have a very harsh sounding last name (its actually a man's first name). It sounds awful with most of my favorite names such as Jack, Oliver, Finn, Charlotte...basically anything that ends in a consonant, which is why every girl in my family with my last name has a name ending in -a or -ee. If I don't end up getting married (which I probably won't) I think I'm going to change my last name or give my kids a different last name because I care more about my favorite first names than carrying on my surname to the next generation. I know, I'm such a great daughter...
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Crushes: August, Avery, & Flynn: Eliza, Georgiana & Dahlia

We wouldn't want to anyway, but we couldn't use any name that starts with "Mc" or that sound (Michaela, McKenzie, etc.) because we have a "Mc" last name. I also wouldn't use any name that could easily be misconstrued as a last name as a first name, especially for a boy, because our last name is so common as a girl's given name now that when people read it they sometimes just automatically say it the other way around. Like, once I got a call from my daughter's doctor's office and the nurse I was speaking to asked if I was Mc____'s mom (and she doesn't even have a last name first name!) It's not a terrible mistake when it's a girl, but I could imaging it being embarrassing for a little boy in school to accidentally be called "McKenzie Jackson" instead of "Jackson McKenzie", for example.

Although, now that I think about it, the boy name we have picked out WAS my mother's foster parents' last name. Hmm... It's a common and actually pretty traditional first name, though. Plus, it is significant to us in a great many other ways, too. We're not changing it. I guess I'm breaking my own rules!