Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I really like the name Mordecai. You may want to know that there is a supposedly haunted estate in North Carolina called the Mordecai house. So it already has some evil connected to it. Great choice!

Quote Originally Posted by merrybells View Post
    I'm writing a futuristic, dystopian novel as they are popular right now.
    Touch of unsought advice: Write for yourself, not for others. If you write something because you think people will like it, because you think it will sell, you will have a hard time writing something you can be happy with, or even something good. Find a story that needs to be told, and tell it. Writing is about passion, not fads. There's a lot of vampire romance out there, and none of it measures up to Twilight. Start the trends, don't follow them; follow your passion and your muse. Write what you know, write what you would read, write what you love.

Rant over.

1. Clio and Pax -- Good, but not a fan of Clio. A bit to close to another word that shouldn't be a name...
    2. Oma and Mam -- Are these what they are called in the culture or their names? As the first, they're fine. As the second, meh. Probably too close?
    3. Priya- Cute.
    4. Mordecai and Astor -- Good. I would consider something more made-up for Mordecai, unless you want to reference/parallel the bible story. But I'm weird, and like allusions.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I just like the word allusions, myself. I agree with what you said about writing to please yourself, not others. But whatever. I do like the name Mordecai, but, (if you know me at all you probably know this is coming) how is that pronounced???
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

Mordecai

More-deh-keye (as in eye/letter I)
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I was right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (For once...)
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski