Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Critique my girl names

Hello berries! I am Olympia, new to nameberry. To be correct, I have searching through the site since winter but only registered today.
    I am a big name lover as I write sometimes, I enjoy making name combos and these are my favorite girl names. Would you mind telling me your opinion?

Ada Wilhelmina with nickname Will or Minnie (I know some people who go by their middle names and think it's fine)
    Wilhelmina Jane or Wilhelmina Noa with nickname Will or Minnie
    Georgiana Lilac with nickname Annie
    Emmeline Agnes with nickname Milly
    Myrtle Cordelia
    Victoria Imogene with nickname Vic
    Daphne Adelaide

I love classic names and as I was obsessed with Greek myths as a child, I like mythological names too. I would be very glad to have some advice and name suggestions besides criticism, thank you.
    ● Olympia ● Literature Student ● Writer ● Name nerd

Constance HermioneSibyl JemimaEmmelineRamona Gwen Esme
    Emrys Basil Atlas Grover LeonardoAlgernonIgnatius Oscar

Also, I would like to know if my names sound weird, "old lady" or ugly so I can correct them, thanks.

Hi! Great list!

Ada Wilhelmina with nickname Will or Minnie (I know some people who go by their middle names and think it's fine)- Very sweet! With William being a top ten boys name I would go with Billie instead of Will as a nn. I also love the options of Winnie, Willa and Minka as nn possibilities.

Wilhelmina Jane or Wilhelmina Noa with nickname Will or Minnie- Wilhelmina Jane all the way! A great mix of frills and classic simplicity. Again if you want Will as a nn I would go with Willa.

Georgiana Lilac with nickname Annie- I really like this! Love Lilac in the middle and the flow is great!

Emmeline Agnes with nickname Milly- I love this combo as well, so glad to see Agnes getting some love!

Myrtle Cordelia- Myrtle is still in the retirement home IMHO and not ready to be worn by a little girl yet, but Cordelia is one of my ultimate favorite names, how about Cordelia Myrtle instead? Or Laurel as an alternative to Myrtle?

Victoria Imogene with nickname Vic- I prefer Imogen to Imogene and Vic isn't my favorite nn option, could lead to the dated Vickie. Other options are Tori, Tora, Ria, Tia. I prefer Imogen Victoria nn Immy, Gigi, Ginny.

Daphne Adelaide- I love Daphne but I don't think this combo flows as well as the others. I would choose a mn starting w/ a consonant. Daphne Noa perhaps?

My favorites are Wilhelmina Jane, Georgiana Lilac and Emmeline Agnes!
    Last edited by kashed22; June 11th, 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Hello Olympia and welcome to nameberry! By the way, I love your own name, it's so pretty.

Ada Wilhelmina with nickname Will or Minnie (I know some people who go by their middle names and think it's fine) - hmm, not bad at all though yet not perfect. I like Wilhelmina, not so sure of it flows with Ada since they both end in -a.
    Wilhelmina Jane or Wilhelmina Noa with nickname Will or Minnie - I love Wilhelmina Noa! Sound very Dutch and beautiful, well done. Wilhelmina Jane is also pretty but not as sophisticated as Noa combo.
    Georgiana Lilac with nickname Annie - Georgiana and Lilac are too different to go together in my opinion so I don't like this one. Georgiana Lily maybe?
    Emmeline Agnes with nickname Milly - very pretty, probably my favorite, although I am not a fan of these names separately.
    Myrtle Cordelia - love Myrtle, it's pretty good with Cordelia.
    Victoria Imogene with nickname Vic - obviously I like this I would spell Imogene without -e in the end.
    Daphne Adelaide - nice. I don't love Daphe but it goes with Adelaide.
    OK, here are my suggestions:
    Aemilia
    Beatrice
    Bernice
    Camilla
    Clementine
    Delilah
    Eugenia
    Eulalia
    Freya
    Ginevra
    Gwendolyn
    Helen
    Hypatia
    Ivy
    Jaqueline
    Josephine
    Laurel
    Lorraine
    Margaret
    Mathilda
    Nerissa
    Octavia
    Olivia
    Ophelia
    Persephone
    Rosalind
    Selena
    Tabitha
    Tatiana
    Ursula
    Vanessa
    Vitaline (vee-ta-leen)
    Viola
    Violet
    Winifred
    Zephyrine
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

Thank you ladies who replied!
    1)kashed22: I like Minka as a nickname for Wilhelmina. Billie isn't my style but thanks for the idea; I do also like reversed Cordelia Myrtle and Laurel is a good name; I would like to use Victoria as a full name but Tia and Ria are wonderful nickname ideas, thank you for sharing; Daphne Noa is good too.
    2)mclevine: I am not fond of Georgiana Lily but I appreciate your help. From names you suggested I add Aemilia. Clementine, Freya, Ivy, Rosalind, Selen and Viola to my list, thanks.