Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I'm from the Midwest as well and I love Freya, just not as much as Flora, so it didn't make the cut. I can't have both a Freya and a Flora after all.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Nathaniel

Pinterest | Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

I have a Freya and I am from Western Canada which I don't think is that dissimilar from the Midwest. Pretty much no one has heard of it here but I don't think that makes it any less appealing. I haven't had any problems with pronunciation, people who haven't heard of it before sometimes pronounce it correctly and sometimes pronounce it free-ah but they respond to my correction and it hasn't been a problem. I think it is a beautiful name and have no regrets using it. It is very common in the UK so I think for North America it is only a matter of time before there is some famous actress or athlete who has the name and everyone becomes familiar with it. I remember 10 years ago telling my mother I liked the name Pippa which she thought was bizarre and now via Pippa Middleton she thinks it is charming. I think the same thing will eventually happen with Freya.

I'm from the Great Lakes "Midwest" and I would say it Free-uh. It always makes me think of the Frito-Lay factory in the town where I grew up, isn't that terrible? Otherwise, it's pretty cute. I would say the goddess connection is pretty unknown for most people.

I live in the Midwest and I don't think it would be much of a problem. Some people may mispronounce it, but for the most part I think it's familiar enough. One of my friends home schools her kids and there is a little Freya in their homeschool group.

I think it's fairly straight forward in pronunciation and that the sound is so similar to familiar names that it's great for small town USA. It's such a likable name!