Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Any winners?

Any winners?

Elder sister: Sansa Nanami

Hello everyone. I was looking to get some opinions on a few names that have been floating around my brain lately. Having a difficult time with my lists right now - it's at the point where I feel like throwing everything out - so any help is MUCH appreciated. Suggestions are fine as long as it's not "Lose the wacky names and try these ones!" etc. Not that I think I have to worry about that, but, well, you know.

Anoushka
    Astoria
    Clea
    Cordelia
    Cosima
    Delphine
    Edie/Edith
    Elettra
    Endellion
    Etta
    Eulalie
    Juno/Juniper
    Maeve
    Marina
    Matilda/Maude
    Paloma
    Poppy
    Rui
    Tamsin
    Wilhelmina
    Winter/Winnie
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

These are my favorites from your list, I think sisters Sansa & Paloma are gorgeous.

Cordelia
    Edie
    Etta
    Juno/Juniper
    Maeve
    Matilda/Maude
    Paloma
    Poppy
    Winter/Winnie

• Anoushka - Prefer Anouk. Anoushka, though really fun to say, is very diminutive. Anouk nn Anoushka?
    • Astoria - No. Queens, NY.
    • Clea - Beautiful, surprising, sexy. Good with Sansa.
    • Cordelia - Not with Sansa. Sansa is so modern and sleek. Cordelia is all brocade and pearls. Plus, Lear is a bloodbath.
    • Cosima - Gorgeous. Not bad with Sansa phonetically, but completely different in tone.
    • Delphine - Too beautiful to nix. But it overpowers delicate Sansa, imo. Perhaps a middle name?
    • Edie/Edith - Edith and Sansa could be nice. Very different in popularity though. I despise Edie, but Edith is delicious.
    • Elettra - Crazy Elettra! Not sure about the namesake, though it's a great play.
    • Endellion - Love this, but not with Sansa. You need something minimal and fresh next to Sansa.
    • Etta - Sure! Jazzy, bright, unexpected. I can see Etta and Sansa together.
    • Eulalie - I enjoy Eulalie's yodelerific sound, but again, she's from a completely different universe than Sansa.
    • Juno/Juniper - Juno and Sansa gets a thumbs-up from me. A great pairing.
    • Maeve - Yes, this could work. Maeve is much stronger than Sansa, imo, so it might overpower Sansa. Love Maeve.
    • Marina - Oddly good! Marina is much more literal than Sansa, but it's a beautiful watery blue name, and it has a gentleness that's akin to Sansa.
    • Matilda/Maude - Matilda is too calico and Maude is too severe next to Sansa.
    • Paloma - Maybe. Paloma is so so gorgeous. I like it, but it might upstage Sansa. Not sure. Perhaps as a middle?
    • Poppy - Meh.
    • Rui - What is Rui? Quite close to "ruin," and Roy. NMS. But it's about as mysterious as Sansa, so it could work.
    • Tamsin - Lovely. Feels delicate and a bit androgynous. I think it could totally work with Sansa.
    • Wilhelmina - Too hefty/German next to San.
    • Winter/Winnie - Middle name? Not sure. I really like Winter, but it's getting trendy. Winnie is adorable, but does Sansa have a cute nickname too?

I love:

Cosima (it's just recently grown on me, and now I really adore it!)
    Cordelia
    Delphine
    Edith "Edie"
    Poppy
    Winter/Winnie

I LOVE Anouk, but don't particularly feel inspired one way or the other regarding Anoushka. What about Anouk nn Anoushka? Or Anoushka nn Anouk? Either way, I love Anouk. I like Electra (and Elettra!)--and find it quite cool with Sansa. I find Clea quite lovely with Sansa, as well. And I can't decide how I feel about Marina--I used to adore it, but over the past couple years it's had a "meh" feeling to me. Not great, but not bad. I think I just got tired of it, but it is lovely. I do think Sansa and Marina or Sansa and Clea would be lovely, though...

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

misslindseylou: Thanks for your input!

emmabobemma: Right to the point, thanks for the detail you put into the response. Kind of sad about Astoria, as that had been a #2 to Sansa for so long. But, I digress. Any alternate ideas that come to mind that aren't on the list yet?

PS- I think I'm a bit name style confused, as Sansa does have that delicate feel to it, but I don't see myself as gravitating toward that type of name? Not sure if that makes sense or not.

ashthedreamer: I like what you said about Marina, as I feel borderline that way about it (tired), but something in me didn't want to rule it out just yet.
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them